0A - Mog
0B - Gau
0C - Gogo
0D - Umaro
0E - Banon
0F - Leo
10 - Ghost
11 - Ghost

Etc. but thats enough for my purpose (a little more than enough really).
I think I understand perfectly now. I'll try that and get back to you. Now I'm off to convince one of my friends to take up sprite editing (I hope). Oh, btw, how do I make those neat little scrolling text boxes? I hate to keep posting these walls of text. Tongue
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Ohh, I see. Thanks for the list Laugh

Still, let me know how it goes when you go changing the bytes of the patch of Lenophis. And let him know that you made such changes to his patch :p

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I certainly will. I'll probably just make the changes to the ROM after I finish everything else, the ROM I'm working with is already patched with several other patches. I've taken a brief hiatus from working on this because of some things which have come up, but I'm about to get back to work on it.
  Find

Status
None
Hey guys, long time no post. Well, I've finally gotten back to working on this hack over the past few months. Its coming along nicely and I'm almost done with the monster and item editing. I've also decided to make some new spells and have several new ones implemented, replacing some of the old ones. One of the newest changes I've made is to espers. Some espers teach magic, some give stat bonuses, but none do both. The most powerful spells must still be learned by equipment. One little side effect to this is that non-magic users can learn spells, but this doesn't seem to be a problem since they still can't use any of the spells they learn without a magic command (not even in sub-menu). I'm hoping this won't create any problems in the coliseum (i.e chars using magic that shouldn't be able to). Obviously spells that non-magic users learn will be usable by Gogo, but this shouldn't create much incentive to teach non-magic users spells as Gogo's magic power is pretty low. I still need to fix Umaro making him able to use Rage and Blizzard without his specific relics. Also need to make sure he can't equip espers (haven't tested yet). I'll keep you posted on my progress.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
post some screenshots or make a vid

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Ok, making some good progress, but I've got some things to do that I'm not sure about... I'd like to make it so the Weaponsmith in Narshe in the WOR gives you the Ragnarok sword automatically, and Pug, the enemy in Narshe Mines gives you the Esper. But I'd like to make it an event that occurs after the battle with him. Also, will probably create a few new spell animations. On that note, anyone know of a cool Earth-elemental spell animation I could use in this hack to replace Break? Doesn't need to be anything real flashy as its now just a damage spell that doesn't cause petrify.

EDIT: is there a bit of code somewhere that tells the game how spells are classified? I've replaced one effect spell with a black spell, and one with a white spell. Unfortunately, this causes those 2 spells to be organized wrong in the spell list, making them be listed with the effect magic spells. I was hoping it was just the spell icons that affected the organization somehow, but sadly thats not the case. Anyone know how to fix this?
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
I have a few earth spells, nothing special mind you but I suppose they are decent for earth elemental spells

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Finally, an event-related question! Laugh I haven't seen one in ages now.

(07-03-2012, 04:58 PM)KajDarkwind Wrote: I'd like to make it so the Weaponsmith in Narshe in the WOR gives you the Ragnarok sword automatically

For the first case, it's a very simple event edit. You simply have to remove the option of the player to choose between the esper and the sword by replacing the following code with the command "FD".
Code:
CC/0B37: 4B    Display dialogue message $05EF, wait for button press
               I ran a Weapon Shop for 70 years!
               This stone gives off an eerie aura!
               If I melted it, and forged a sword, it'd be powerful!
               Well?
               Make this stone into a sword?
               ^ Leave it the stone “Ragnarok”
               ^ Make it the sword “Ragnarok”
CC/0B3A: B6    Indexed branch based on prior dialogue selection [$CC0B42, $CC0B58]
Then, before the FE (which ends the event), you'll want to do a jump to the event code that grants the sword to the player. Before the FE, you'll want to write the following bytes:
Code:
B2 58 0B 02
This should make the old man give you the sword no matter what, it would be a matter of polishing the text to create whatever situation you want.

(07-03-2012, 04:58 PM)KajDarkwind Wrote: And Pug, the enemy in Narshe Mines gives you the Esper. But I'd like to make it an event that occurs after the battle with him.

Now, for the pug battle it's a little bit more complicated. You would have to place an NPC sprite somewhere in the cave (using LE) and have the NPC trigger the battle upon talking to him. After the battle is done, you want to check whether the party won or lost the battle. If the party won, the event continues as normal and the esper is granted to the party. If the party loses, it's game over screen.

To do this, you need to know how to use the If/Else command, as well as manipulate an event bit or two in order for the event to happen once, and only once. I can help you through the process, just let me know what other questions you have.

Status
None
Poco: could you maybe PM me a few of them? Just need a pretty simple one that works with single target and manual party select.

Angelo: So, to have him give the sword, I would just change B6 to FD? I want the player to have to have the sword before he can fight Pug for the Esper. Otherwise when you get to where pug is theres nothing there. When you get to the place where pug is with the sword, the sword starts reacting to the presence of the esper (which will just be stated by text, no animations or special effects). This seems like it would be very complicated for me since I don't know alot about event editing yet.

EDIT: I went to try and make the change so you would automatically get the sword, (I changed the dialogue and removed the choices using FF3usME) but I can't find the offset CC/0B37. Well, more accurately, I found the offset, but it doesn't contain the data I expected. Its 02 instead of B6. What did I do wrong here?
  Find

Status
None
There are video tutorials on event editing that can help you get started on it. It starts very basic and transitions to an intermediate state. I hope you know your hex too.

Madsiur's tutorial on branching and event bits is next for having the event happen once.