i like that style, it makes the hair stand out a look better
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
[Image: imgshk.png]

Here's an update to Sephiroth, what do you all think so far?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
Wow! It's coming along great, I really love it. Looks great to me, very nice job!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(01-09-2011, 02:04 PM)Sutebenu Sempai Wrote: I guess you can kind of call it my specific style to use a darker tone for the outline of the hair instead of black. But I see what you mean. Thank you. =)

You realize that in doing that, when the character glows in battle due to Haste, Reflect, etc., the outline around the hair won't glow, right? I've seen sprites like that in hacks and it looks really weird.

EDIT: Oh, lol, you posted that almost 7 months ago. @_@

Status
None
(07-30-2011, 10:21 PM)HaloOfTheSun Wrote:
(01-09-2011, 02:04 PM)Sutebenu Sempai Wrote: I guess you can kind of call it my specific style to use a darker tone for the outline of the hair instead of black. But I see what you mean. Thank you. =)

You realize that in doing that, when the character glows in battle due to Haste, Reflect, etc., the outline around the hair won't glow, right? I've seen sprites like that in hacks and it looks really weird.

EDIT: Oh, lol, you posted that almost 7 months ago. @_@

I do realize this; but then again if a person is affected by something like haste or poison why on earth should their hair glow too? I find that to be weird. In any case you will not be able to convince me to dispense with my style of spriting merely because it causes a slight inconvenience for one or two people.
(07-30-2011, 10:18 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Wow! It's coming along great, I really love it. Looks great to me, very nice job!

Thanks! Maybe when I'm done with him you might be able to use him sometime in the future (probably won't due to the necessity of darkness in his palette, lol)
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
nice touch using Edgar as a base, I would normally assume you would use Setzer before anyone else lolz :p

keep it up though its coming out quite well

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
It looks really good thus far; however, the hair reminds me of those white-haired twins from the matrix series :p
  Find

Status
None
(07-31-2011, 02:49 AM)Poco Loco Wrote: nice touch using Edgar as a base, I would normally assume you would use Setzer before anyone else lolz :p

Well I purposely avoided Setzer because I didn't want to fall into the rut of just using his hair, I was adamant on crafting my own hair for Sephiroth and the next person with the right build was Edgar, so thanks!

@Zeemis...I've no idea what you are talking about... Perhaps I should start watching the Matrix...
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
(07-31-2011, 04:19 PM)Sutebenu Sempai Wrote:
(07-31-2011, 02:49 AM)Poco Loco Wrote: nice touch using Edgar as a base, I would normally assume you would use Setzer before anyone else lolz :p

Well I purposely avoided Setzer because I didn't want to fall into the rut of just using his hair, I was adamant on crafting my own hair for Sephiroth and the next person with the right build was Edgar, so thanks!

@Zeemis...I've no idea what you are talking about... Perhaps I should start watching the Matrix...
No worries, i'd link you to a screenshot if I were at my pc

Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Sutebenu Sempai, I Love you! Sephiroth is my 3rd favorite FF series Character
  Find