Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The New FFIV

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
(12-18-2012, 01:58 PM)Zeemis Wrote: I'm probably going to work on this again now that breaks started for me.
That said, I'm going to talk about some of the Sing spells, and what they do. First and foremost, everything I do is for the sake of balancing. This does mean however that some characters will start out good and end up medicare (Like Edge) while others will start off bad and end up essential (Like Edward). What makes Edward essential is his buffs, they're a double edged sword. He's the only character that can use a buff that would be cast on every member in the party at that time; however, at the cost of MP for everyone. In example, if he casts Celerity, it would buff the entire party but the party would have to pay an MP tribute. That said though, he does get a Song that can help replenish MP of allies.

Edwards Song's
[Image: NoteSymbol.png] Hide Song: Hides Edward from battle.
[Image: NoteSymbol.png] Uplift: Regen on entire party.
[Image: NoteSymbol.png] Slow Call: Slow on all enemies.
[Image: NoteSymbol.png] Mana Song: Gives mana to entire party.
[Image: NoteSymbol.png] Hex Verse: Various status ailments on all enemies.
[Image: NoteSymbol.png] Celerity: Haste on entire party.
[Image: NoteSymbol.png] Ethereal: Image on self.
[Image: NoteSymbol.png] Dreadnaut: Damage on all enemies.

Video Teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJlpHFKCPYI

Can you make a seperate patch for this? I would like a patch to make Edward(I usually replace Setzer with him) do that in a hack of mine, of course you get the credit for doing it.

Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I would, but the animations and spell attributes are already done. :/
If I made a patch, you'd get everything in my rom.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Oh, that's fine, I'll just have Ed use Tools instead since Edgar uses Jump now.
  Find

Status
Traitor
This hack is progressing, but slowly lol. The items are taking forever to get implemented as all the characters and items are custom, I hope you all can imagine lol. I have however completed all the portraits and now need to fix character overworld sprites so they use the right palettes. In example, Golbez is red on the overworld and dons his right palette in battle.
Once the items are done and the palettes are fixed, I'll work on a super boss to test the stability and balance of each character. Again though, items are taking the longest.

Since all my items are custom, my process for getting them implemented started with writing down each and every item into a word document. I then tallied up every armor, helmet, shield, misc. item, weapon and more. I then created my number of custom items based on those statistics witch class and item balance in-mind; this took awhile... (See post 118 for this list.)
I then started to rename all the existing items with the new item names, and then went back through them again to overwrite the set of playable cahracters who can use each of these items. Since FF3usME still thinks each character is from FF6 and I'm using all FFIV characters, it can be a bit confusing getting the right characters to use the right specific items. That's why if you check my post 118, you'll notice that I color coordinated who is who. After I've set up the item names, and set who can use them, I need to now set up their individual statistics such as what the item does. It's an excruciatingly long process.
  Find

Status
Traitor
Here's a theoretical question for you guys. If I were to utilize Umaru, Banon, Kefka, and Leo in this hack as character placeholders, who would you like them to be from the Final Fantasy IV universe? Think about whom I have already.
[Image: Screenshot.png]

Also, what do you guys think about this menu? It's not part of my hack, I'm in the planning stages so it's a quick mock-up of what I'd like my menu to look like.
[Image: NewMenu.png]
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Most of all I am glad to see this has not been given up, I was really looking forward to this project!
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Really cool stuff!

Would love to see the character sprites redone to blend in better with the FF6's superior graphics

I always thought FF4 was rather ugly in comparison having played 6 before it.

Sorry.... Anyways amazing project
  Find

Status
Traitor
It's not as easy as redoing them on a whim, it's taken a very long time to acquire these sprites.
  Find

Threads: 9
Status
None
Cecil & Ed look Very very awesome,
I hope this get's finished soon Laugh

The past is the past, but we can change our fate of Future.
[Image: amcvab.png]
Final Fantasy III: Recrution

Threads: 3
Status
None
Please don't give up! This seems so cool!
  Find