Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Veemon WIP

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
[Image: imgshk.png] This is how I got so far in making my Veemon sprite, I'm trying to make him more Veemon like and less human like. Post your comments and suggestions
  Find

Status
None
dude its a fricken recolour.....for once just try to f**k around with his shape not to be mean but that way you'll get better

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Foxhoundmember, what will I have to do to make it so you don't break the rules?
Trolling people is breaking the rules.
Regardless of warning level, one more incident will result in a week long ban.

Darkvee, as Foxhoundmember said so rudely, recolors aren't allowed to be submitted here. You can show off your work and if people like it, they can use it. But keep in mind that recolors overall won't be accepted. :/
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
another note is make sure you look @ the recoloring order that I put in the rules, I just wanna make sure you understand that

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
(05-25-2010, 09:18 AM)Foxhoundmember Wrote: dude its a fricken recolour.....for once just try to f**k around with his shape not to be mean but that way you'll get better

I wouldn't quite say it like that. What you need is tact. Good old fashioned tact.

With tact, you can say the same thing you just said, but in a way that doesn't sound rude, nor come off as vulgar. I mean yeah, I cuss alot, but I try not to when critiqueing.

Yes, it's true. Recolors cannot be submitted into the database. And in most part, recolors are not very original. But on the same token, everyone starts somewhere. I used to be a talented spriter who started with Sonic Advance sprites. Eventually I was able to move up to the highly detailed Mega Man Zero sprites. But my first ones were recolors.

Of course I've lost my skills because I haven't used them, but I never would have gotten that far if people hadn't kept me motivated.

Basicly what I'm trying to say is.... there's always a nicer way to get your point across. If what you're saying could be taken offensively, try to find another way to say it, okay bro? =)

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
^^ oh? Like calling me a monster?

In any case, I'll be the one to give you some tips:

1. Use Relm as a base instead
2. form Veemon's head with her hat
3. The colors are a bit too bright
4. use an extra 1-3 pixels to lengthen the face to the snout
5. go a little overboard with his claws
6. and make sure the tail can be seen at all times
7. I see you only use 4 or so colors with Veemon, try to take that to 10, give him some shadow effects and varying blues since it would seem most would be just for his body considering that he doesn't have any hair.

Like everyone else said, recolors are simply not accepted but since you are asking for help on what to do and suggestions on how to make Veemon, I can ignore the fact that you just recolored.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Oh, I missed the suggestions part. My bad, man. Sad

Sute-what's-her-face said it pretty well. Relm would make a much more excellent base due to her small frame.

Actually... compile all of her tips, and I think you've pretty much nailed it.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
None
if anything post up a sample like what I do when I am currently working on a character

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Well, after I fainly got around to it. I work on it for a few hours and this is what I got in the end. [Image: imgshk.png] Can you guys tell how it looks, thanks
  Find

Status
None
thats much better

-HNIC