Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(03-14-2024, 01:51 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Hi! So do you recall if you had them equipped on any certain character? Or were they in your inventory the whole time?

I do not remember, unfortunately. I definitely equipped it to someone at some point. Possibly to Terra during the Terra/Banon scenario, possibly to Celes during the Magitek factory. I didn't have it when she left the part in the Factory, and it hasn't rejoined by inventory even after the Razing Vector sequence.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Ok, yeah I was thinking if it was never equipped than the only way it could be removed is by an event command to remove it (remove item x from inventory), either on purpose or by mistake. But if it was being equipped, then my only other guess is it was equipped to a party member, possibly Terra, who didn't get their equipment removed before leaving the party. But if she didn't return it once she was re-recruited, than maybe not her... This would happen with Shadow in the original game I believe. But with Divergent Paths here I'm not too sure if that's the case or not, I know some characters were switched around. Anyways it would require some testing.

Maybe PowerPanda will look into it but if not I could try. If you happen to have any previous save data when you still had it, then you could probably try and find out also, but if not no worries.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(03-14-2024, 02:16 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Ok, yeah I was thinking if it was never equipped than the only way it could be removed is by an event command to remove it (remove item x from inventory), either on purpose or by mistake. But if it was being equipped, then my only other guess is it was equipped to a party member, possibly Terra, who didn't get their equipment removed before leaving the party. But if she didn't return it once she was re-recruited, than maybe not her... This would happen with Shadow in the original game I believe. But with Divergent Paths here I'm not too sure if that's the case or not, I know some characters were switched around. Anyways it would require some testing.

Maybe PowerPanda will look into it but if not I could try. If you happen to have any previous save data when you still had it, then you could probably try and find out also, but if not no worries.

I do have a save before the 3 scenarios, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to it. But saying that...I could have equipped it to Shadow during the Locke scenario? If that's a vanilla problem with Shadow, that might be what happened here. I dunno. 

Thanks for your help!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Could be, I forget how exactly Shadow is handled in Divergent Paths, I may be confusing it with another hack that subs Shadow out to make room for Leo... But yeah that sounds like a possibility. Hopefully he'll have it it still the next time, I also forget how exactly the vanilla game handled it, like if he'd have the item the next time you ran into him, or if it reloaded his properties thus erasing it...

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(03-14-2024, 03:05 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Could be, I forget how exactly Shadow is handled in Divergent Paths, I may be confusing it with another hack that subs Shadow out to make room for Leo... But yeah that sounds like a possibility. Hopefully he'll have it it still the next time, I also forget how exactly the vanilla game handled it, like if he'd have the item the next time you ran into him, or if it reloaded his properties thus erasing it...

Oh he definitely didn't have it next time I saw him. I'm pretty sure my Gauntlet is just gone forever. I wonder where you get another one?
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
It would make sense that it disappeared if you put it on Shadow. Divergent Paths is like Vanilla in that Shadow is optional all the way up to when Leo hires him to go to Thamasa. That means that every time you encounter him up till then, his profile is re-initialized, including deleting whatever equipment he had and replacing it with his starting equipment. I'd have to think about how best to handle that, since doing an unequip before re-initializing the profile would mean that you would get the equipment of whatever moogle occupied his slot previously.

Getting both the Gauntlet and the Bracers (aka Genji Glove) is not an error. I changed around that sequence's code to reward people who answered "Yes" to Banon the first time. Answering yes the 2nd or 3rd time will just get you a Gauntlet, and answering no all times will just get you the Bracers. The relic was renamed "Bracers" because the Genji Glove is not part of the Genji armor set, and I wanted to make that clear.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
(03-15-2024, 09:33 AM)PowerPanda Wrote: It would make sense that it disappeared if you put it on Shadow. Divergent Paths is like Vanilla in that Shadow is optional all the way up to when Leo hires him to go to Thamasa. That means that every time you encounter him up till then, his profile is re-initialized, including deleting whatever equipment he had and replacing it with his starting equipment. I'd have to think about how best to handle that, since doing an unequip before re-initializing the profile would mean that you would get the equipment of whatever moogle occupied his slot previously.

Getting both the Gauntlet and the Bracers (aka Genji Glove) is not an error. I changed around that sequence's code to reward people who answered "Yes" to Banon the first time. Answering yes the 2nd or 3rd time will just get you a Gauntlet, and answering no all times will just get you the Bracers. The relic was renamed "Bracers" because the Genji Glove is not part of the Genji armor set, and I wanted to make that clear.

Turns out it was a false alarm, and I got it back when Shadow rejoined the team at Thamasa! I must’ve put it on him during the Locke scenario and then the game didn’t remove his equipment when he left the party. Normally the game always removes your equipment in cases like that, but I guess I got confused because in your version of that scenario, it doesn’t look like it actually removes it. 

Anyway, mystery solved! Thank you!

PS- While I’m thinking about it, did you remove the Bracers as steal able items on the floating continent? I didn’t find Bracers in the sealed cave like I think is in vanilla, and the Dragons aren’t coughing up any…
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(03-15-2024, 04:17 PM)Asmorano Wrote: Turns out it was a false alarm, and I got it back when Shadow rejoined the team at Thamasa! I must’ve put it on him during the Locke scenario and then the game didn’t remove his equipment when he left the party. Normally the game always removes your equipment in cases like that, but I guess I got confused because in your version of that scenario, it doesn’t look like it actually removes it. 

Anyway, mystery solved! Thank you!

PS- While I’m thinking about it, did you remove the Bracers as steal able items on the floating continent? I didn’t find Bracers in the sealed cave like I think is in vanilla, and the Dragons aren’t coughing up any…

Huh. Guess I misremembered the re-initialization of the profile. Glad that the me of 4 years ago thought of that!

Bracers have been moved from Dragons to Ninjas. In keeping with other Final Fantasy games, dual-wielding is associated with Ninjas, and two-handed grip is associated with Samurai. Now, the Ninjas have a rare steal/morph of Bracers, and Samurai a rare steal/morph of Gauntlets.

I will note though that Gauntlets have been buffed, and Bracers have been nerfed, so that they are now at roughly equal power. This is considered more of a bugfix than a design change. The Bracers are good for items that give status effects, and the Gauntlets are good for more rare equipment.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
YOU MADE FORCEFIELD OBTAINABLE BEFORE THE FINAL BATTLE!

That’s amazing!

Any other Lores available that used to be only found in the final dungeon?
  Find

Threads: 11
Status
None
It's pretty cool to see people still enjoying your build.

Interestingly enough, I just logged in, because I just discovered what was causing a shift in register bits while editing my (final draft) script. I can start working on it with confidence again. Although, I'll need to play-test it a bit more: there may be another game crashing bug still in the code...

Let's see if you can make some time to finish v2.0 of Divergent Paths.

Evil laugh
  Find