Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ROTDS beta testing

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
damn, got a save state u can send me?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Maybe you could change Forest Suite so it is mainly either healing or Non-Elemental damage attacks? (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gaia_...Fantasy_V) took some ideas from FFV)

All Changes signified with *

Wind Song - Air Blast, Sonic Boom, Wind Slash, Cockatrice (Seems fine)

Forest Suite - Bindweed*, Racoon*, Sunbath*, Branch Spear*

Desert Aria - Sand Storm (Change to fire/wind)*, Elf Fire*, Quick Sand, Desert Storm (Wind/Fire)* (Could just do straight fire damage on both moves if too many enemies will absorb the wind element)

Love Sonata - Acid Rain (Does this cause seizure?), Specter (Change to hit all, maybe lower hit rate?), Poison Frog* (Perhaps rename to poison smog to fit city theme?)*, Tapir (Change so it targets all enemies, inflicts sleep)

Earth Blues - Land Slide, Plasma*, Flash Rain*, Whump (is this move any good? The spellpower sounds weak at 53)

Water Rondo - Hydro Pump, Whirlpool*, Cleansweep, Waterfall*

Cave Requiem - Cave in (FFV version), Shock Wave, Stalactite (perhaps make it earth damage rather than non-elemental?), Stone* (What does this move do? originally in Earth Blues)

Snowman Jazz - Snowball, Snow Surge, Blizzard, Ice Pillar* (Heavy hitting single target ice move)

Possibly tweak the chances of certain abilities as well. Things like Snowball, Whirlpool or Quicksand are alright in normal encounters, but can make Mog completely useless as he keeps using them during boss fights. Perhaps just pull such moves altogether?

Btw the Tatori's in Umaro's cave cast Megavolt or something like that on themselves, I assume to heal, but it damages them.
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
Save State sent. Naturally I had one. I'll try to leave and come back and see if that helps. Need to kill this dude and see what he's blocking!

Status
Nattak\'d
Odbarc - Sadly, I don't think he is blocking anything lol. If not, I should really put something up there...

DJKool - Very nice breakdown there DJKool! I'll be using a lot of that I'm sure, thank you. =)

Status
None
No problem! One other thing you may want to look into with Mog's dances are the spell powers; I noticed that a lot of his abilities are pretty low spell power once you are in the WoR, most seem to hover around 50, which is weaker than the 2nd tier element spells, and obviously much weaker than the tier 3 ones.
  Find

Status
Medicated
Beat him. Luckily I had Flammie.
Put a hidden treasure "Dragonball" up there.

Is FuSuYa in that spellbound castle? I can't find him anywhere. Found his stupid journal though. Does he appear somewhere after I read that?
Do I need Eiko or any special character with me? He's also the last guy I need to find before I start doing Colosseum for item upgrades then to the final area.
Oh, and kill the Fire Dragon. I skipped him earlier.

Status
Nattak\'d
yeah you need eiko. While you go after the fire dragon be sure to fight Gilgamesh as well =D He's up where you get locke/cloud if you didn't know.

About Shenron issue - Yes odd indeed. I see what you mean here on that savestate, but I can't seem to re-produce it otherwise, yet. Leaving the map and coming back (reloading the map) though did fix it up. I did have the same issue back in the day of him not showing up and the event freezing, but I solved it lol. I'll check out the map and event.

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Status
Zombie
I have a question on the list of the reapers abilities he has one that is an Onion Knight.... but when you use it, the only thing I saw was he kept casting the same spell it was like shell or something like that .
  Find

Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
I'm a little late to the party but going to chip in with my experience with the hack so far. Not sure if a lot of this has been covered or not, but at least its a fresh look on things!

Things went pretty smooth for me up til after getting Seren.

Cave to Seaside town seems to have super high encounter rate? Seems like every few steps was a battle.

Haste shoes in Seaside town mansion basement. <3

Level 12 Raditz: Rather difficult, I barely beat him using all the healing items I had on stock.

Ultros: Pretty easy, used Seren to confuse his allies then just miracle spamed as I whacked away at him.

I chose to do Ronan's path first... This is difficult with few healing items and money so I ran from everything til I got Oboro lol.

The S. Knight managed to kill my Avalon when he used Cura? Not sure if he follows up after healing himself with an attack or what, just seemed odd lol.

Phantom Train's second save point doesn't work as a save point so no snuggies or w/e. The diner train is next to it so isnt a big deal to me.

Level 16 Phantom Train boss fight was tough and pretty much luck reliant for me. I managed to beat him on my third try after nuking the heck out of the reaper in the first turn then spaming drain/havoc with Avalon. Everyone else died and I was out of healing items... Had 18 mana so cast drain with my 100 hp Avalon for killing blow lol. Was epic.

General notes:

I dunno if its just me but I seem to get stuck on the same random encounter a lot. Like... The same group of enemies will appear in phantom forest or phantom train over and over until I reset the rom then I get a different group and it does the same with them. Maybe I'm just loopy =P

Thanks, I'll comment on other things later as I play through. So far the spriting and music have been great. I love the random remixes from other games like Rudra no Hihou, Lufia, or Dragon Quest lol.
  Find

Status
Medicated
I ran around the bottom part. Maybe if I go 'up' too far he doesn't spawn before going upstairs.

Reapers abilities are like Rage. Each option has but two choices; Battle (sucks) and one ability. It's not going to make him act like Arc or the monster in general. Sad