Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ROTDS beta testing

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I am going through the Black Mountains to regain Avalon, and when I hit the switch to let the dragon out of that chest there, it opens, he appears, a save point sound is heard, and then the dragon just sits there above the open chest, never moving.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
a save state for that would be greatly appreciated.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Sent!

Could you possibly change it so that, in Gogo's cave, if you get squished you just get sent back to the start of that section? Obviously not necessary with that save point there, but it would be nice.

Where can I buy shurikens in the WoR? I want more for Oboro but haven't seen any in the towns I've checked, I probably just missed them but would appreciate some help.
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DJKool for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (07-09-2014)

Threads: 5
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
(07-09-2014, 06:03 PM)DJKool Wrote: I am going through the Black Mountains to regain Avalon, and when I hit the switch to let the dragon out of that chest there, it opens, he appears, a save point sound is heard, and then the dragon just sits there above the open chest, never moving.

(07-09-2014, 06:06 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: a save state for that would be greatly appreciated.

He does this for me too. It's fixed when you come back into the room. After I got Avalon. I thought this was intentional change.
Speaking of which, I should go back and kill it!

FuSuYa's Journal:
Mysticks should be spelled Mystics?
The spelling you used is done three times.

Status
Nattak\'d
That chest with the dragon I fixed up last night, will send an update out today with a couple other things. That is strange how it would work once you get Avalon! I don't see how as I moved the entrance event code and forgot to change a if jump command to the new address. So it shouldn't have made a difference.

Status
None
I have some questions regarding Mog.

Firstly, does he still join at a higher level average? (I believe it used to be +6 in the original game) Regardless, in my game his stats are way worse than most everyone else, would you consider giving him and extra 2-3 points in each stat so he is more viable?

Secondly, can you change what kind of attacks he performs while dancing? I was thinking he would be better if each dance corresponded to a particular element, with chances to do either a weak single target element attack, a medium all, and a heavy single (maybe a 25/50/25 percent chance). Wind Song = Wind, Desert Lullaby = Fire, Forest Nocturne = Status effects (this could have 4 abilities - Sleep, Confuse, Poison, Insta-kill), Earth Blues = Lightening (sounds weird, but this one is related to mountain slopes and the Floating Continent so kinda makes sense), Love Serenade = Healing, Twilight Requiem = Earth, Water Rondo = Water, Snowman Rondo = Ice.

Just a thought, because I am just once again finding him on the back burner due to lack of usefulness, so maybe being able to better focus the dances into a particular damage type could help.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
That sounds pretty awesome, and highly doable. His dances could use some work I admit and element-themed would be fun and make since. I did cut back on his +5 level over everyone at recruitment, dropped it down to the next viable option of +2. This was done mainly for the first group moogle battle so he wouldn't own so hard, and also he was always overly powerful from the get go in the WoB, but yeah he would pay for this in the WoR I'm sure.

Status
None
Awesome, I'm glad you like it the idea Smile
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I do like the idea, and will certainly try to implement it more - but looking here the dances are pretty well themed for a Geomancer that is Mog, is the only thing. Let's list them here in an attempt to narrow down the ones that could be better, as well as possibly implement your idea more within them:

Wind Song - Air Blast, Sonic Boom, Wind Slash, Cockatrice
Forest Suite - Razor Leaf, Harvester, Elf Fire, Wombat
Desert Aria - Sand Storm, Antlion, Quick Sand, Mongoose
Love Sonata - Acid Rain, Specter, Flash Rain, Tapir
Earth Blues - Land Slide, Stone, Sun Bath, Whump.
Water Rondo - Hydro Pump, Plasma, Cleansweep, Racoon
Cave Requiem - Cave in, Shock Wave, Elf Fire, Poison Frog
Snowman Jazz - Snowball, Snow Surge, Blizzard, Ice Rabbit

I did change them a bit here and there from the original to try and make theme more themed to their respectful backgrounds, I remember now. And cut down on the repeat abilities. But perhaps they could be better - I'd like to implement fire into the desert one like you said, for instance. It's just that he is supposed to be a Geomancer, or Geodancer rather lol.

Threads: 5
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
Shenron isn't spawning.
I found/fought him once and lost then went back to a loaded state so redo my relics and be better prepared for him except now he isn't showing up. The music plays and I'm stopped but then the game doesn't let me do anything from there. I got a little 'stuck' getting up to the area so maybe where I stood messed up his spawn or something somehow.
Just pretty odd.