Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New Custom Spells

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
hey guys

as you all know I am working on an over-all hack 4 FF6 and although my computer crashed I did have a recent back-up saved on my storage device (its only a few small tweaks I need to update on)

a lot of things I am doing is changing and removing a lot of crap as well as adding some more unique things to the table (like for example, f**k brushes lmao, and another small thing that always annoyed me was how bolt 2 & mega volt look EXACTLY the same as well as bolt 3 and giga volt so I did a palette swap amongst them)

but more importantly here are some customs spells I thought up of as well as how they would look

Water - the Intangir's vanish spell
Water2/Watera - most likely will look like a water edge
Water3/Waterga - will either look like El Nino or Tidal wave

Wind/Aero - will look like gale cut
Wind2/Windra/Aero2/Aerora - will look like Aero
Wind3/Windga/Aero3/Aeroga - will look like tornado or T.nado as known in the game

Earth - will look like stone
Earth2/Earthra - will look like land slide
Earth3/Earthga - will look like cave in
(Earth spells I based off Zeemis' designs)

here are some more of the "sexy spells" Wink lol

Requiem - basically will be a red ultima (based off Seymour's overdrive in FF10) the only thing is I need to find a way to make the background either black or red

Toxic Burn (poison/fire) - will be a green fire lol

Magma (fire/earth) - basically a dark brown and orange cave in spell

Blue Moon (holy/water) - a light blue pearl spell

Devil Shock (maybe non-elemental, if not lightning) - a black & white bolt 2

Mind Shock (MP Damage) - a purple looking bolt (will use rasp's palette) spell but is inspired by Zeemis' unique white gaia spell and will attack 8 times doing SEVERE damage to the enemies' MP (will be a bit costly to cast tho)

Dark Flare - Flare with either black or navy blue color

these are some of the spells that will definitely be in my hack

give me some feedback and throw some ideas at me

the same goes for a few items here and there

I have one called a grenade which is a more orange looking fire 3 spell and will deal non-elemental damage (I might make it fire elemental)

so tell me what u all think Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
so far, the ideas look pretty decent (more importantly, manageable) I haven't dealt with Custom Spells personally TOO much, but I'd say there's a high chance of freezing if you're changing anything more than color (but seeing how that doesn't seem to be happening, all seems to look pretty good)

The only that looks like it might cause some trouble would be Requiem, but you don't know until you try

Side Note: Aeroga, you're referring to W. Wind Right?

be aware you might want to change a few palettes (I think the attack ones are just the 8-bit palettes so no need to worry about character screw ups...just everything else in the game xD)

Dark Flare I would go with Navy Blue (Ice's palette?) just be aware that even though the attacks have the proper colors, they might not always go the proper places (like with Bolt you may only get a majority of the lightest color from whichever palette you took, such as Fire's palette, it would appear a very VERY light red)

Otherwise again, this stuff looks good

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-steak
  Find

Status
None
yeah I meant w.wind lol :p

thnx a lot 4 the advice n a few pointers on the palettes Smile

yeah the ultima background is the only issue rlly but if not I suppose I can just go without it or ignore it

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
well I forgot 2 mention here that seeing as how I am adding spells I obviously need 2 get rid of some :p

here are some magic and lore spells that are getting the hell out of my hack lol (although some may be removed I might still keep the animation for future new spells) (a * indicates it might not be removed)

MAGIC

- Merton
- Rasp
- Warp
- Sleep
- Bserk
- Muddle
- W Wind
- Imp
- Doom*
- Quick*
- Break*

LORES

- Lv 4 Flare
- Lv 3 Muddle
- Lv 5 Doom
- Lv ? Pearl
- Condemned
- Sour Mouth/Bad Breath*
- Exploder/Self destruct
- Blowfish/1000 Needles
- Reflect ???
- Pep Up
- Discord
- Stone
- Step Mine*
- Roulette
- Rippler *

OTHERS

- Spiraler (Blitz) it will be something COMPLETELY different
- Chocobop (Slot) it will be something Completely different

another thing to note is even though a lot of these inflict status effects it does not mean that the status effects r gone, there will be other ways to inflict them and get affected by them

there will be a few other moves that will be gone (particularly a few moves in the dance category)

-HNIC

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm not entirely sure if you have solved the problem with Requiem but have you tried using the background to Fire Dance? I'll mess around with it and get back to you, with any luck I can do it and I'll give you the byte and palette and such.
  Find

Status
None
I actually found out how to get rid of the blue background

thnx anyway

which reminds me of some more crap I gotta update here :p

for example

Water will look like El Nino but just the bubbles

Water 2 will look like a water edge

and Water 3 I am still working on lol :p

-HNIC

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I can help with custom spells. I have also done some custom spells myself to resemble the spells from the Tales of Series, so go check them out at my youtube channel (I am uploading a new cstom battle that includes all the new spells) and let me know what you think.

Status
None
cool I'll look @ that Smile

other then that I changed some colors of some spells

-HNIC

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Look at my water spells as a reference if you find your self trying to find water animations.
@angelo26, I noticed in your video that you used a purple lighting bolt. Is that the white lighting bolt that enemies can use? I couldn't find that at all when I was looking though the bytes in FF6MDE, how did you find it?
  Find

Status
None
ah yeah I'll do that

other then that there r 2 great colors for purple a light & dark one right now I have to look into them but when I find it I'll put them up

the rasp palette is 4 the dark 1 but the light 1 escaped me

-HNIC