Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Just Tossing Around Ideas...

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm not very good at detailed hacking like Poco Loco, Zeemis, or pretty much anybody here is. I do however, tend to throw out some good ideas, and at times, make a decent sprite...though not half as good as Zozma.

Anyway, I thought maybe it would be a good idea to throw you guys some ideas for hacks that, if you are interested in doing so, could be made into a hack. For the record, this isn't an attempt at having other people do my work for me, but an effort to give myself some purpose within our little community.
First idea, as is natural to come into play, are sequels and/or prequels to the different games. For example, wouldn't it be nice to play as Jecht, Braska and Auron? I think so. Maybe even follow up with the Returners into a new world birthed from the destruction of Kefka? How would the world react to having magic torn from it's very existence?

Another idea, is to create a very personalized hack. A world where the members of this community become the very characters that they control. Imagine yourself as an adventurer, as a character from Final Fantasy. What weapons would you use? Where would your statistical strengths lie? Do you find romance or despair with your every step? Do you fight for a just cause, for the highest bidder, or for personal gain? Most importantly, what was your life like? How do you appear before others? This hack would be entirely about self-expression, I feel. It should consist of a customized version of the most active members of this site.

My third, and final idea for the night, is the hack of unsung heroes. What's all this bull about Zidane getting all the credit? What about Blank? Seifer? Hell, KAIN didn't even get any real credit for saving the Earth.
My personal belief is that the hack would consist of a character from each game or so. Leon, Arc, Kain/Golbez, Krile/Faris, Vargas maybe?, Zack, Seifer/Zell/Irvine, Blank/Marcus, Jecht, Balthier/Reks/Gabranth

So yeah, I'll throw down more later. Like I said, it's not like I'm asking anyone specifically. I just want to help too.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
honestly I see a lot of potential in all these ideas u r throwing out there

the way I see it, we can all elaborate 2gether n come up with a few ideas u kno, shyt I mean this is a community after all lmao

thinking about it now I often did think about having Balthier in a hack

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
I like the personalized one the most to be honest. Just because I think character customization is sweet, plus it'll kind of key in on the strategies each of us prefer and utilize when we play by ourselves, which can be interesting.
  Find

Threads: 8
Status
None
I had the idea of having Blank in one of my hacks, and he might be in the next one...
  Find

Status
None
Blank is my favorite character from FFIX. =)
  Find

Threads: 8
Status
None
Blank and Beatrix for me. And god, Zidane, just go buy a Soft! It'll cure him! It CURES PETRIFICATION!!! God, Squaresoft. God.
  Find

Status
None
I'd disagree with some of the choices.

Krile/Faris. Both got credit. All four surviving members of the team did.

Zell and Irvine both got credit. Quitas and Sophie would be moreso the unsung heroes because no one ever used them.

Zack? Unsung hero? Sorry, he got a whole crappy game to himself.

Oh, by the way, I dislike every Final Fantasy released after Final Fantasy Tactics, so I disagree with "Seifer/Zell/Irvine, Blank/Marcus, Jecht, Balthier/Reks/Gabranth" simply because I do not consider them or their games real Final Fantasies.

Status
None
Jecht is too manly to be ignored.You should be ashamed.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
well I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion after all

but now that u mention tactics a Ramza sprite sheet would be nice Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Kara17, please never post on one of my threads again. You annoy me severely. Every word of your comment was extremely incredibly negative, and entirely non-constructive at all. Put simply, you bitched the whole way through. I don't give even half a shit about what you have to say, primarily due to the fact that it was in NO way helpful at all. If you so desperately need to complain that much about something, please do it away from this forum, away from this community, and go disrespect somebody else's ideas.
KTHXBAI
  Find