Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Just Tossing Around Ideas...

Status
None
It's not my fault if you can't handle constructive criticism.

Not every word was negative, I just disagree with some of your choices as I said. Anything I didn't comment on I agree with. Just because something is not stated, does not mean I do not mean it. I do not see a reason to complain about things already correct, squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Your post is moreso bitching than my post. You're whining at how someone doesn't like your ideas. This is the real world, it's going to happen. Grow up.

Actually, I was not disrespecting your ideas, you are disrespecting mine by ignoring them. I addressed yours and in a civil manner told you which ones I disagreed with.

Will it make you happy if I extremely incredibly positively tell you which ideas I like?

Leon
Arc
Kain
Golbez But moreso Kain.
Vargas Kinda iffy, but as I barely remember him, he's definitely an unsung hero so yes.

Now, I hope you're not too childish to move on and put this behind us.

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(09-05-2009, 10:11 AM)Kara17 Wrote: It's not my fault if you can't handle constructive criticism.

Not every word was negative, I just disagree with some of your choices as I said. Anything I didn't comment on I agree with. Just because something is not stated, does not mean I do not mean it. I do not see a reason to complain about things already correct, squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Your post is moreso bitching than my post. You're whining at how someone doesn't like your ideas. This is the real world, it's going to happen. Grow up.

Actually, I was not disrespecting your ideas, you are disrespecting mine by ignoring them. I addressed yours and in a civil manner told you which ones I disagreed with.

Will it make you happy if I extremely incredibly positively tell you which ideas I like?

Leon
Arc
Kain
Golbez But moreso Kain.
Vargas Kinda iffy, but as I barely remember him, he's definitely an unsung hero so yes.

Now, I hope you're not too childish to move on and put this behind us.

In constructive criticism you must give both positive and negative sides, which you now have. But the most important part are saying more specifically how you would wish it to be improved. True it is just an opinion, so whether RajaHibiki wishes to take your ideas are entirely up to him. If he sees it as bitching, he sees it as bitching and your opinion could honestly be cared about less. That's how the world works, you may have your opinions, not everyone is going to agree with them. Sadly I see yours as biased at that last statement with Final Fantasy Tactics. That's just my view, it may also be thrown out just as well as yours. It's not a matter of handling it, but when it is just downright negative WITHOUT ways of improvement, it's crap and CAN be counted as bitching because it's can all be put down to: "I don't like this, this, and this" at least you put your reasons why you disliked them, but that doesn't always give a proper way to correct. As Raja even said: "NO way helpful at all." At least you did have an organized argument to such ideas. Again, Poco said "everyone is entitled to their own opinion after all" but, even if you put it down, does not mean it will be accepted, if you can't deal with it "Grow up."

And if you're not going to critique it in such a way, remember the old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything." Here I am critiquing your skills as a critic. (if you couldn't tell that, you didn't read the post) By posting this I also keep in the mind that fact that you may simply toss this and reject it like Raja did for your posts, I'm fine with that, if you don't get the message, that's just your loss. I know you said we should probably just go along past this but it annoys me that you missed vital points. The fine line between bitching/complaining and constructive criticism.

Back on topic, for my views on this hack, due to not having played many of the Final Fantasys, I feel I have too little information to prove of any use in additional ideas. (A main reason I normally only lurk here) That is all.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-steak
  Find

Threads: 12
Status
None
Kara, what you were doing was in no way constructive criticism, as was explained by Azure Kudo. Regardless, I have already put the matter behind me. Do try not to be so blatantly rude in the future, and we will get along fine.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
c'mon people lets move forward, so there was a little tension over some "he said she said crap" its the internet, no big deal when it comes right down to the big picture

but if we're gonna stay up on this kudos to Azure_Kudo u broke the ice with this whole thing man good job *pat on the back*

oh yeah n Kara17 just 2 remind u Vargas (FF6) was kind of a bad muthafukka lmao Wink

pero yeah lets move on ppls how is the progress coming along with ur stuff Raja?

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
what do you mean Poco?
  Find

Status
None
about what specifically?

well wut I think u mean is I was asking how is the progress with your hack coming along

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
I'm working on sprites for other people, such as yourself first. I'm obviously not as good as Zozma, but I can get things done well enough. I'm saving my hack for later. Plus, I still need to learn a lot in Hex editing. I wish there was a faster way of learning, but there isn't unfortunately. =/
It also doesn't help that I'm an auditory learner and I have to read about hex editing rather than be taught directly. I have a year of basic programming under my belt, but other than that I'm a complete novice.
The plan is to run the hack in similar format to Zeemis, wherein the hack is divided into several chapters. I'm working on four different sprites right now: Marcus is priority, followed by Arc, then Blank, and a sprite of myself, because I want to be included lol. Once I find more material of Draco from the opera, I'm going to start a Gabranth sprite sheet, because that's the armor I want to use.
  Find

Status
None
ah I see bro sounds rlly good

u know Lord J was telling me a good while back he was thinking of making a program that makes hex editing easier, but he also said it would be waaaaay too much work 4 him to do alone u kno

which reminds me I gotta ask that dude if he is gonna start working on that dialog & font editor for FF3/6 Smile

-HNIC

Status
None
I've used FF3edit, which I don't recommend, but it's the ONLY way to edit script, at least to my knowledge.
  Find

Status
None
yea that is the only way 2 edit it directly now, but unfortunately its incomplete, not all the game's dialog is there plus it kinda fux with the game a lil

-HNIC