Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI mod thread

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I'm not releasing the title yet but I will release some interesting stuff here and there once my initial testing is complete.

For now here's a teaser of a "certain boss".

[Image: ff6_wotm-jce3000gt.png]

--------------------

Log so far:
-Restored FF6 title screen
-Character stats (and magic for Terra and Celes) have been overhauled--stats now are 40-60% less than before.
-It is much MUCH harder to level up in this mod.
-The HP/MP evolution has been tweaked with a max of 5,000HP and 500 MP.
-All weapons have been overhauled with much less power and hit% followed by most of them have stat bonuses but also stat reducers too.
-There are no more "god weapons". The most powerful weapons have: 157, 160 & -163 attack power--and those have less than 75% hit% as well.
-Only 1 weapon has a high hit% and it only has 9 attack power. :)
-Armor was overhauled to be less defensive.
-No more "god armor". There is Paladin equipment with high defense but very little else in terms of stat, effect, status or elemental bonuses.
-All items are much more expensive.
-Item shops overhauled to reflect new equipment/relics/items.
-Some item shops actually cost more using the 1.5x or 2.0x bit.
-Most attack magic damage reduced followed by MP cost increased.
-All spells have been tweaked on MP cost to generally cost more.
-Cure magic heals less but costs more.
-Monsters have had their levels raised a bit on normal monsters and a bunch on boss monsters.
-Monsters HP has been increased on average of 300-500%.
-Overhauled the item stolen/dropped tables for monsters.
-FF2us font added with shadows.
-My old FF3usHT dialogue font added.
-Blitz commands overhauled to be longer and more complicated.
-All skills learned at level up have been increased dramatically.
-More that I haven't finished yet...

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
this looks very promising

I love that monster sprite as well

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Regen
(02-07-2012, 01:39 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: this looks very promising

I love that monster sprite as well

Thanks. Smile

I love that sprite. I've got some good monster sprites coming along with some unusual and just plain wacky ones for humorous purposes.

The problem I'm now running in to is that I've made it way too hard--impossible as a matter of fact. And I haven't touched the monster AI yet. LOL Got to tweak the stats again.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
it can be extremely tedious but its worth it in the end

I have a HUGE archive of custom monsters if u ever want to take a look

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Status
None
This is looking good! Can't wait to see more screenshots when you make more progress Laugh

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Status
Regen
(02-07-2012, 04:00 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: it can be extremely tedious but its worth it in the end

I have a HUGE archive of custom monsters if u ever want to take a look

Yea, I agree that fine tuning the monsters is definitely something worthwhile. It separates a good mod from a bad one quite easily.

Thanks for the offer, when I run out of what I've already got I'll let you know. :D

(02-07-2012, 04:58 PM)PJM Wrote: This is looking good! Can't wait to see more screenshots when you make more progress :D

Thanks. Right now I've literally started from ground zero on monster AI. I spent a half-hour just on the Narshe Guard alone. It might take me a while to finish but it will be worth it in the end. Once RotDS is released I may ask Nattak or Angelo to give me a hand on some mods done or events. And of course there will be SPC replacements as well. ;)

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(02-07-2012, 07:09 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Once RotDS is released I may ask Nattak or Angelo to give me a hand on some mods done or events. And of course there will be SPC replacements as well. Wink

Lol, I feel honored when I read this part. Nattak and I learned to do events both at the same time, I'd be happy to help (and I'm sure he will too).But tell me, what do you have in mind??

Status
Regen
(02-07-2012, 07:40 PM)Angelo26 Wrote:
(02-07-2012, 07:09 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Once RotDS is released I may ask Nattak or Angelo to give me a hand on some mods done or events. And of course there will be SPC replacements as well. Wink

Lol, I feel honored when I read this part. Nattak and I learned to do events both at the same time, I'd be happy to help (and I'm sure he will too).But tell me, what do you have in mind??

Slight story event changes and some custom stuff. I will give you more info when I get the storyboard done. I also like what I saw on the new magic/skills and the menu tweaks.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
By the way, please remember that I would like to request your help on finding some of the code that displays the menus in battle for FF6. You mentioned that you might have a little time after your MQ hack was done.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 237
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-07-2012, 08:29 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: By the way, please remember that I would like to request your help on finding some of the code that displays the menus in battle for FF6.

I don't know much about the C3 dissasembly but I could take a look if you want...what do you want to change?

And beside that, have you ever tried changing the value of the variable that I had identify as the one corresponding to the x, y position on the screen for displaying espers mp cost like the spells (top right corner)?

JCE3000GT Wrote:Once RotDS is released I may ask Nattak or Angelo to give me a hand on some mods done or events.

I can do events too. I even show Angelo a few things...(timers...Laugh)

I would really like helping you with events if you want, but Angelo and Gi Nattak can do everything I do and are really good when it comes to small events details...

Find