Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Monster Sprite Editing

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I was bored last night and decided to start working on editing the monster sprites. I'm aware that when you import a new monster graphic, you have to recolor it to make it look right with the palette it uses. (Which I did.) I decided to try this out by replacing the Repo Man with a Goblin from FF1 Advance. After coloring the later three appearances (1st Class, Garage Monk, ect) I saved, and then went to recolor the initial Repo Man spot. I finished it up and saved, only for the later three to suddenly turn into a garbled mess of colors. What happened to them? Can someone explain to me what I did wrong? Sad
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
its the order of the palette, the best thing to do is freshly import the other image of another palette 2 the other monster, or better yet (for more specific results) manually edit the palette yourself (open up more then 1 editor and view them side by side)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ooooh, thanks a lot! I've totally got the hang of this now. Smile
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
great Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC