Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Battle Event: Locke and the Merchant/Officer

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I don't mean to bust in here, but I felt asking a question on a thread related to my actual question would help better than creating a whole thread to it.

What I want is to have actor 01 (default Locke) to switch to palette 01 when he steals the Soldier's uniform, and not palette 00 which is the usual one. Using Smilin' Joe's post I managed to have him switch to palette 01 AFTER the battle. Within the battle itself, it still gets palette 00. Since actor 01 has palette 01 by default, there must be something that changes it somewhere.

I tried to look for the event using the 'All about Battle Events' thread, but I can't figure out how to translate D0/981C to make windhex read it, since so far all Offsets have been "CX" and I know you are supposed to add 200 (if having a header) and turn the C into 00, but otherwise I'm lost...

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battle Event: Locke and the Merchant/Officer - by Kugawattan - 07-08-2015, 01:45 PM