Users browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Could you, for the love of f**k, please. please, PLEASE institute the following two changes. There are other issues, but these two are massively, and consistently, irritating.

1 - Make the random party thing for the final Kefka fight a flag. Of the many, MANY times Jack and I have raced this, the main thing sucking up time has been him throwing himself at the Kefka wall over and over with random parties, and losing for an hour or two, until he lucks out and finally manages to kill the final boss because he got the good characters. He is not losing due to skill. He is not losing due to knowledge of the game. He is losing because the randomization keeps lumping him with garbage characters who can't hack it.
We have come to the conclusion that the only real way to race the Worring Triad is to just take 6-8 characters into Kefka's tower to begin with, and deal with the annoyances that presents, because it will take less time to figure out how to kill very annoying bosses with 1-2 characters than it will to get a decent roll on a full party Kefka-rush.
It's randomization for the sake of it. It is annoying as hell. It presents nothing beyond inconvenience to the player (especially until notawaiter cuts out the pre-fight cut-scene). Please, for the love of deity, make this a flag.

2 - Just list the f**k**g flags and what they do. If they're not finished, just say so. All having secret flags does (beyond alpha stage projects) is annoy people. Honestly, every single time I'm forced to read through the FAQ and the changelog I want to do two things: 1 - get drunk to reduce my massive annoyance, and 2 - punch Abyssonym in the face for being pretentious and annoying. I respect and appreciate the work you guys have put into this mod, but I really wish you guys could respect and appreciate the players on the other end.
I can think of exactly 0 legitimate reasons to hide this information from players, and, when presenting it, STILL f**k**g HIDE IT with encoding. What purpose does this serve beyond annoying people? I should not have to search the web for 10-20 minutes to find out what a flag does. I should not have to read the FAQ and still have no idea what "Beyond Chaos Bingo" is.
Why is this information not just outright stated? Who is it helping to hide it? It is not enhancing anyone's experience. All it does is irritate me every time I see a reference to a code or a mode, and have either no idea what it does, or no idea how to make the randomizer do it. Please stop obfuscating highly useful information for no reason.

Again, I love this mod, and I appreciate the effort various people have put into it, but I don't think you guys are putting much effort into UX, because you consistently do things which degrade the experience I have with what is otherwise gold.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by MrEntity - 08-21-2019, 02:20 AM