FF6 Hacking
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) (/thread-2716.html)

Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 10-16-2014

Hello everyone! Beyond Chaos is my randomizer. I'm making this thread because Dessyreqt was kind enough to mention me in his thread. He, along with Lenophis, is making the other randomizer. Hopefully this will keep discussion about my randomizer out of his thread, and people won't bug him to implement features that are more appropriate for Beyond Chaos.

Beyond Chaos has reached a stage where I think other people might be interested in trying it out. Here's some example screenshots.
[Image: crazyparty.png][Image: sabins.png]
[Image: floatingcontinent.png][Image: usableitems.png]
[Image: daryl.png][Image: tinaparty.png]

You can download Beyond Chaos at https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos. You can run it using the windows executable or using Python 2.6 or 2.7.

UPDATE: Someone made a video tutorial for using the randomizer. Check it out here. Thanks to ffmasterfoobar!

How is Beyond Chaos different from the other randomizer? Too many things are randomized to list here, but the most important ones that you won't see in the other randomizer are new character commands, and enemies that have been randomized to such a great extent that they are no longer recognizable. I hope that this appeals to someone here!

Also note that the source code and update history is freely available on the Github page, and that I use an issue tracker at https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos/issues. Please feel free to report bugs or request new features. There is no consistent development schedule, but it would not be unheard of for me to receive a bug report and have it patched by the next day.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 10-16-2014

Welcome here! we meet us again, huh?

Sorry to all you randomizer guys if i sounded too much unpleasant, for my advices about potential improvements, anyway ... Sad

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 10-16-2014

Any and all feedback is appreciated, Tenkarider. I was getting tired of working in a vacuum.

For that matter, if anyone is python savvy and would like to become a contributor to this project, I welcome that too. In particular, I would like to overload the randomizer with secret codes for special options like the all-Sabin mode shown above.

When you work hard on something, sooner or later someone will recognize your work... so never give up! Objection!

Too bad that i don't have any knowledge about python... actually it was been quite tricky to even manage to make work the randomizer file Laugh

The best i can do is to toss you some idea to implement in your project.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Gi Nattak - 10-16-2014

Just from the screenshots, this looks really cool! Everything looks really random lol. Love the random palettes all over the place. Will definitely give it a shot sometime. I thoroughly enjoy Dessyreqt and Leno's, but as they say two randomizers is better than one. =)

Oh, right: since now there's the proper place in which to post it... i moved my rewiew in the other thread here:

Okay, and so mi li'l bro tested the randomizer on that other site... what can i say, it's marvelous! Surprised
here's a bunch of judges about many aspects of the randomization:
- characters, randomized pretty much well. all 4 commands are completely shuffled, it can also happen to not have 1 slot, like item, parameters and equips shuffled as expected... the flaw is that names and palettes aren't randomized Sad
- monsters are randomized in all aspects... name, palettes, AI(with some exeptions), special skill settings, immunities, weaknesses, parameters and starting statuses;
- items/equips are randomized in extra aspects, like stat bonuses, casting spell... especially if used as item;
- Esper extras and learnable spells are shuffled, even the +2 speed bonus came out;
- spells, Terra/Celes level bounded spells are shuffled a bit, starting lores are random, rages are completely different... one rage had sneeze included, it breaks the whole game since monsters cannot dodge that! shuffled rage starting status, one rage morphed the char into an imp, when actived;
- blitz inputs, except pummel may risk to become crazy Laugh
- Colisseum, a total pleasure... Typhoon won't stalk you anymore, all 256 enemies are worth of being fought, some of them are really challenging, like one guy who was able to do 1000-3000 damage and able to cast quick on itself, besides some item may become accessible, like the paladin shield;
- Morph pack have shuffled rewards, now you'll definitively choose the esper, rather than the weapon, monsters are more weak to morph, sometimes even bosses;
- shops are quite varied too, randomized also prices and multipliers;
- formations/packs/and world map battles are shuffled a lot(with some exception), added an awesome feature like random hidden bosses or powerful guys... in the magitek lab, a presenter appeared suddenly... a deadly battle;

Other flaws were skippable cutscenes, looks like it was possible to trigger "dangerous events" not tested, but if fixed it would be an even greater experence...

The run was full of surprises until the very end(a bit less surprising against the last battle, the only particular detail was an Havoc Wing that dealt about 7000 damage) :
At the beginning randomizations of allies are stunning, slot skills are randomized too... after you progress a bit, you'll start to meet unexpected enemies, sometimes really strong, or with stupid weaknesses.

In WoR monsters are really strong, besides some AI is really clever, in Kefka's tower you find monsters which are potentially even more dangerous than bosses, like 30000 hp guys that casts 5000 damge ultima, or something...

The game provides you random means to win battles, combined to the fact that enemies can easily overcome your power, you must start to exploit their weaknesses, build up customed strategies for particular formations, you'll definitively try to see if an unbeatable monster is undead, or weak to death, etc...

Ragnarok, Atma Weapon, Illumina and Paladin shield may potentially be founded elsewhere and more that one unity, if you're lucky...

Even the judge of my bro was really positive, he mentioned 3 bosses in particular, that really gave him much troubles:
- The 4 tentacles
- Dullhan
- Inferno

I'd really like to to a walkthrough with that, but the randomizer is still in progress, as i speak, i'll wait until i'll be sure that he won't add other great features.

PS. this review was based on the version 7, i believe...
The current version is beyond version 15, so it's obsolete for sure and some flaw must be disappeared for sure(like removing sneeze from rages list), plus new features that will add an extra value to the next gameplay Wink

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 11-16-2014

Hi everyone. I'm making another post because Beyond Chaos reached a major milestone. With version 25, the final dungeon is now randomized and fully functional. Overall, I'd say that the final dungeon has roughly doubled in size! If you're curious, check out this video I recorded to show off how it works. The new features are difficult to show through screenshots alone.

I also want to mention that someone recorded a video tutorial about how to install and run the randomizer. All you need is python, you don't even need to be knowledgeable about the command line, depending on your operating system.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 11-18-2014

Great! Wink so... now it's complete random Kefka's Tower, or there's need of some improvement?
Anyway i like it very much... it remembers me the 4 hidden dungeons in FF1... and the part of the train, which is really dark, with Kefka's tower lights above is really cool Kungfu!

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 11-18-2014

Thanks! I used the Interdimensional Rift from FF5 as inspiration. I don't think I will be adding anything to Kefka's Tower... for one thing, I ran out of space! But there are some things that I might do to make it a cleaner experience, like fixing the music and the graphical layers. But other than things like that, I think it's done.

By the way, I've packaged the randomizer as a windows executable now. This should be able to run without installing python, or anything else whatsoever! It works for me but I don't know if it will work on many different platforms, so if you use it please tell me how it works for you.

Also, version 26 has some minor but worthwhile improvements over version 25; if anybody downloaded version 25 yet, I recommend updating.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Fire Storm - 11-20-2014

I tried the Beyond Chaos 26 Windows Exe, and it didn't work. I tried everything I could to get it to work, and it just wouldn't.

EDIT: Pay me no mind, I'm an idiot. I figured out how to do it. This is going to be a load of fun, I'm sure!