Users browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
The Meteor spell on average does about 3250 damage. It's survivable with a bit of grinding, but you'd need to engineer a setup specifically to deal with it without grinding for an absurd amount of time. The issue is that Abyssonym decided to actually make the Lv90's level 90. They're actually level 55 in vanilla FFVI. If they were still level 55, the tower would be more manageable.

The Gem Box is hit-and-miss, really. It's just as capable of being useful as any of the other command changers. However, it's considered to be a better item due to the fact that it's really good in vanilla, so it's often a better item to bet at the Colosseum, though in return, it's harder to get in the first place. It's also not guaranteed to be in the tower, or even in any chest at all. A lot of the time the top chest in the Fanatics' Tower is a Thunder Shield or some Marvel Shoes or something.

I'm not sure precisely how the MiaB system works as far as tiers, but I have seen that some chests are more likely to contain them than others. Common places for me include the top of Zozo, the Imperial Base, and the Phoenix Cave(of which I believe the latter was balanced for this to happen by Abyssonym, whereas the other two are probably my personal bias).

Also, the Moogle Charm is nerfed, so you're still nearly guaranteed to find a Level 90 Magic regardless of having it or not.

As far as KatanaSoul goes, he's vulnerable to confuse in vanilla, so he's more likely to be vulnerable to it than other bosses.

Additionally, I believe Shadow's random ditching is hardcoded to him, not randomized, similar to Gau's naturally high attack stat, or Umaro's naturally high defenses. It just so happened that Shadow was randomized into the initial party. As far as that goes, it's potentially preferable to have him in the initial party. If he runs away at level 3, you can safely ditch him for the rest of the game(unless he's got something really good). If you get him late game and quickly level him up to level 20 before he runs, it becomes much harder to forget about him, and it ends up being an uncontrollable run ending event unless you've got some easy way to get him back.

Finally, I look forward to the (mis)adventures that are coming. It gets a little hard to always keep going on a seed for me, and it's nice to have other people find interesting highlights to spur me on every once in a while.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cecil188 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (12-13-2016)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by Cecil188 - 12-13-2016, 12:47 AM