Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3us/FF6 SPC Import: CT Silent Light

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Here's a patch of an import I did in 2007. This replaces Umaro's cave them in the World of Ruin with Silent Light (Chrono Trigger). Enjoy.

Make sure the ROM has no header. Do not know if V1.1 of FF3us is supported. Never bothered to use that ROM for anything.

Patch

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
Slight problem, at least for me anyways =0
I patched it to a Final Fantasy III (U) 1.0 Unheadered ROM, and tested it out. What it's doing (for me) is changing an instrument/s around in most every song I tested, making them sound really weird. When I compared the Umaro song data from a ROM that was patched with this patch, and a 100% clean ROM, they appear to be the same. So I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, It's just that I've never had any problems before patching an SPC patch. I'm sure I'm patching a 1.0 U.S Unheadered ROM. Can anyone else confirm or deny this by testing it?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Regen
(05-02-2011, 06:32 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: 0_0 Awesome, thanks man! I love your work.
Slight problem, at least for me anyways =0
I patched it to a Final Fantasy III (U) 1.0 Unheadered ROM, and tested it out. What it's doing (for me) is changing an instrument/s around in most every song I tested, making them sound really weird. When I compared the Umaro song data from a ROM that was patched with this patch, and a 100% clean ROM, they appear to be the same. So I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, It's just that I've never had any problems before patching an SPC patch. I'm sure I'm patching a 1.0 U.S Unheadered ROM. Can anyone else confirm or deny this by testing it?

Odd...let me test that IPS on a clean ROM.

Status
Regen
(05-02-2011, 06:32 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Slight problem, at least for me anyways =0

I re-patched and tested it on a clean 1.0 ROM myself and it worked just fine for me. I'm not sure what the issue is? What patcher are you using? I used IPSWin.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
I can't speak for all of us, but I use Lunar IPS. I believe most of us use that to make/apply patches to our roms.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
(05-05-2011, 01:27 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:
(05-02-2011, 06:32 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Slight problem, at least for me anyways =0

I re-patched and tested it on a clean 1.0 ROM myself and it worked just fine for me. I'm not sure what the issue is? What patcher are you using? I used IPSWin.

Yeah, Lunar IPS. Alright then, my bad. I must have done something wrong when I patched the clean ROM and tested it before. Typical me. CoverHit But here's the thing...I'd really like to use this patch on my current ROM/hack, that is a 1.0 U.S ROM base. So I take off the header and try the patch, and it messes up. I'm not sure why it won't work on my ROM, as I'm sure the song data is in the same place once the header is removed and everything. In any case, I'm glad it works, and if the song data is all there on the clean one, I can just copy it over. Thank you for verifying this, JCE3000GT, and I'll be sure and give you all ze credit of course, and send u an ask for permission e-mail.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Regen
You need to tell me what song you want to replace and I will overwrite it with this and send you a patch. PM me the details.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
Lets get some FFIV music for FFVI, more music that is. Smile
  Find

Status
Regen
(05-05-2011, 09:26 PM)Zεεຕใร Wrote: Lets get some FFIV music for FFVI, more music that is. Smile

I'm trying to recompose some FF4 tracks but I'm not a good music tracker and it's not coming together very well. lol

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
would be awesome if there was a way to patch ff4 and ff5 music without removing ff6. to me ff6 ost is 99.9% perfect. the only theme i am not that big on is gau's theme
  Find