Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI: Veteran Edition

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Actually, I just want everyone except Umaro (and temporary characters) to be able to use espers. In Lenophis' readme that came with the patch it says letting Umaro learn spells may overwrite something in the SRAM. Also, Gogo still can't equip espers with that patch. But Gogo doesn't really need them since he can use any skill in the game, and also he can use any spell anyone else can use(stat growth might make him too powerful). I do have a question about Gogo though. In my hack some weapons/armor/relics can teach spells. Will this mess up Gogo's spell list if he equips one of these items and learns a spell from it?
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I have no idea, something may probably be messed up in the game if you have Gogo learn new spells, remember that he/she has some special code that allows him/her to have the spells of all members present in the party.

Status
None
Yep, that's what I'm thinking too. Just to be safe, I'll make sure he can't use any equipment that teaches magic. I swear, one of these days I'm going to find the time to actually implement that fix for Umaro's skills. In the meantime I'll keep working on the other little details of the hack. If I have any other questions/problems I'll post them here. Thanks Angelo, you've been a big help so far. And Zeemis, thanks for referring me to this site, I probably never would have known it existed otherwise. Smile

And maybe I'll figure out a way to keep Umaro from being able to equip espers. I mean I could just put a warning in my readme telling people not to equip him with one, but that seems lazy. I'll probably just wait until I get everything else done, and then worry about that last.
  Find

Status
None
Not a problem :p

Didn't Gi Nattak made a patch so that umaro is able to equip weapons and armor, and assign him skills as well?

Status
None
If he did, I can't find it. I looked all around Romhacking.net for one, but couldn't find it. There are alot of hacks that completely change the game though, which has caused me to become a bit more ambitious. I may change alot more than I originally intended. I still dont plan to change any of the story, but I may try adding some new events, and if I can find a willing sprite editor (maybe one of my friends) I might "update" the character portraits.

Still, I need to find a way to make Umaro NOT able to equip espers because he has no spell list.
  Find

Status
None
(04-11-2011, 09:44 PM)KajDarkwind Wrote: If he did, I can't find it.

It's here under the IPS patches :p
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hp?tid=877

(04-11-2011, 09:44 PM)KajDarkwind Wrote: Still, I need to find a way to make Umaro NOT able to equip espers because he has no spell list.

I'm lost on this one, the game originally never allows Umaro to equip espers....so your point here is?
EDIT: I looked through the C3 bank and couldn't find anything related, that disassembly looks like japanese to me right now :S

Now that I remember, zeemis has made several hacks where only certain characters have equipped espers, did you check with him?

Status
None
No, perhaps I should ask Zeemis about that. See, I'm using Lenophis' Always an Esper patch with my hack (for which I will of course give him full credit). Thing is this patch allows Umaro to equip espers, but warns against doing so because it will corrupt something in the SRAM. So, I need to find a way around that.
  Find

Status
None
Ahh now I remember, I couldn't help you because the site was down the day I checked.

I looked at the detailed code lenophis changed, and what you're looking for is at the following addresses:

Code:
C3/F091:    B90000      LDA $0000,Y
C3/F094:    C90C        CMP #$0C
C3/F096:    B001        BCS $F099      (character ID is higher than Gogo, keep Esper disabled)
C3/F098:    18          CLC            (mark to enable Esper)
C3/F099:    60          RTS

The specific address/byte you want to change is
Code:
C3/F094:    C90C        CMP #$0C -->

You should change 0C (try 0B or 0D and see what happens?). Let me know how it goes.

Status
None
It says if the character ID is higher than gogo, keep esper disabled. I'm just curious as to why this still keeps gogo from equipping espers. I mean not that I want him to, but im just trying to understand the code for learning purposes. Shouldn't the comment be more along the lines of "character ID is higher than gogo, or is gogo, keep esper disabled"?

Anyway, I'll try this as well. Once I get this and the Umaro fix tested I'll let you know the results. *crosses fingers*.
  Find

Status
None
(04-13-2011, 12:20 AM)KajDarkwind Wrote: It says if the character ID is higher than gogo, keep esper disabled. I'm just curious as to why this still keeps gogo from equipping espers. I mean not that I want him to, but im just trying to understand the code for learning purposes. Shouldn't the comment be more along the lines of "character ID is higher than gogo, or is gogo, keep esper disabled"?

Anyway, I'll try this as well. Once I get this and the Umaro fix tested I'll let you know the results. *crosses fingers*.

If I had the character ID list for the game this would be easier to answer. But I don't know where it is now :S.

The character that is higher than -or next- to gogo in the character ID list is Umaro, right? if you change the 0C byte to 0B the problem should be solved.

Now if you use 0D I think banon will be able to equip espers (not that this matters at all, since during the time banon is in your party you don't have any espers).