Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Barubary NPC Sprite Request

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I was wondering if it is possible at all to create a FF6 NPC sprite of barubary from breath of fire 2, from an event battle I'm planning on creating.

[Image: imgshk.png]

I think that the BOF sprite is way too big, and if a FF6 NPC sprite is created resembling him, it will need to be resized. But is it still possible to be created?

I'll leave the request up to see if someone is willing to work on the sprite, I've never created a sprite myselfSad

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I can pull it off if u don't mind me replacing the guardian NPC sprite (I might even be able 2 replace Owzer)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Sure, no problem. But can you work on it then, Poco?

Thanks!!

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
np bro

pm me and we will talk in more detail there

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
This thing looks cool! Can't really find where the mouth is...but I suppose it doesn't matter haha.
But lemme know if you need any codes for the events! Wink Can't go wrong with some screen flashing and shaking Laugh

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
You'd probably be better off to make it out of the Owzer sprite, as its only 2 separate sprites, instead of 3, and generic ones at that. I could never get the guardian sprite to show up on any maps in its entirety. Or was it that I could get it to show up, but couldn't make it move forward at you all as 1 entity...? Anyways, I tried inserting it in the Magitek Factory, and its harder than any other sprite for some reason. It requires no other NPC's on the map, and the sprites have to be in a particular order. Take a look in the LE to see what I mean. Also, event commands need to be issued for it to move and make the noise. I must admit though, a moving forward Barubary would be pretty cool!
Actually I remember that it uses like... 6 sprites, in the one in Vector, but 3 in Kefka's Tower. The Guardian sprite is pretty tricky. I think it is more event related than anything.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Wow that is strange! Why on the earth would they code it all that way? The action queue system was awesome...
But I have noticed some commands like 24 and 2C state to move an object as follows, like an action queue. It's definitely an NPC but not sure if it's anything that'll help.
While I'm no longer an FF6 hacker, I remember wondering this: How do you find out what an NPC's byte is? Jw but nevertheless don't want to get too off topic haha Smile

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
None
(01-21-2011, 04:43 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: You'd probably be better off to make it out of the Owzer sprite, as its only 2 separate sprites, instead of 3, and generic ones at that. I could never get the guardian sprite to show up on any maps in its entirety. Or was it that I could get it to show up, but couldn't make it move forward at you all as 1 entity...? Anyways, I tried inserting it in the Magitek Factory, and its harder than any other sprite for some reason. It requires no other NPC's on the map, and the sprites have to be in a particular order. Take a look in the LE to see what I mean. Also, event commands need to be issued for it to move and make the noise. I must admit though, a moving forward Barubary would be pretty cool!
Actually I remember that it uses like... 6 sprites, in the one in Vector, but 3 in Kefka's Tower. The Guardian sprite is pretty tricky. I think it is more event related than anything.

I've tried to play around with LE, and there are some maps that are completely blank (like 0DF). I think that may be the perfect place to put barubary for a fight, since there are no other NPC's around, right?

But on the other side, I can't even make a custom save point appear at that room lol, so I guess we'll see...but I know I can always ask xJCSx for help :p

Status
None
Hmm concerning the save sprite. Make sure the sprite ID is the same, the event, event bit, all those unknown bits like 3.1 and 3.2.
If all that checks out, it should be working. By default an NPC is in the top left corner of a map once you click the insert button.
Concerning those empty maps, sounds like a good idea. Some share tile sets though, so it's not a good idea to fiddle with the tile editor Wink
But yeah were you going to make the event trigger via talking to an NPC or an un-stepped-on event square? Jw

EDIT:
Nvm I just saw you mention the save sprite not appearing for 'that' room ha sorry! There could be a reason that map was left empty, but Nattak's pretty good with the Level Editor! :p

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
None
I can make -some- sprites appear (Tried Daryl and it works), but if for example I try making ifrit, shiva or ramuh appear, the NPC is distorted.

I think it's better to create the NPC through an event, and then initiate the fight.
Since Barubary appears from the darkness, like on the event on the video, I need to figure out how to make a sprite appear from the darkness. Any ideas justin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsrrWRddzt8

But the only thing I added to the 0DF map was the entrance and exit points. And I messed up somewhere, I'm not sure where now.