Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I Must Part...

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey guys, it pains me to say this but it appears I'm going to have to part ways with FF6Hacking and other FF6-Related Sites...
Alot has come up but just know the decision wasn't entirely mine. Nevertheless after analyzing my situation, I say I think this is for the greater good.
Being a 14 year old and having the responsibilities of normal life is hard as it is. But that coupled with the responsibilities of a ROM hack and aiding others in theirs as well has caused a lot of stress to emerge.
My grades have been declining and much more has came up that isn't what I think is healthy. I believe it all comes back to being just 14. I'd say the freedom that being an adult allows the opportunity to choose and maintain many endeavors in your own life without all the pressures of the life of a 14 year old.
I honestly hope I'm making sense but for the time being, and that span is going to probably be 4-5 years, I'll be taking a leave from this community.
Back to the decision, I and my parents have made it, and I must admit, I've become rather consumed with this feat.
Back to the people that I was previously helping, more than anything at this moment I wish to complete what it was I was helping you all with. I'm talking to Angelo and FEOK.
My sincerest apologizes but I won't be able to complete your requests.
Concerning your event Angelo, I can promise you that you are extremely smart and catch on to things so fast. I believe without a doubt that you have the ability to become the greatest FF6 Hacker this site has known. I loathe the fact that I can't complete your boss events for you, just know that not completing this 'wasn't' made by my own accord.
And to FEOK, I'm sorry man, I had difficulty ever finding a way to swap Terra and Cyan's palette. MQ sent me an email concerning the data, so at the bottom of this post I'll copy and paste what he said. I'm sure someone on this site might know what to do.
It's been great knowing all of you, learning the ways you guys think and the support you all have given me.
So I'd just like to give a few shout-outs to certain people.

Zeemis: Thank you so much for learning PHP and creating this wonderful site. It's been one of the best resources for FF6 Hackers world-wide!

Gi Nattak - Man I know your hack is going to be absolutely awesome, you have amazing skills! I hope one day you take this to the next level and perhaps undergo making modern games? It'd be really great, your ideas are awesome.

FEOK - Dude you have so many promising spriting abilities. Your sprites are always top-notch. Spriting goes far and beyond just 16 bit people. This can lead to animation editing and all sorts of great goals! Just keep doing what you do, this community thanks you. Wink

Poco Loco - Heh you've been great to know, very...epic haha I'm bad with words. I'm sorry to hear what happened with your mother, I pray that you will make it through this tough time.

SuperCrono - I know your very knew to the site, but my best wishes go to you and your hack. If you ever get to event building, I made some video tutorials on this site and there's always Nattak and others to go to Wink

Ren Sama - I like your dedication to this site, it's profound. You out a lot of effort at your work. I feel bad though because for the longest time I thought you were a dude...then I saw the "Pictures Topic" haha sorry!

SatoScorpion - With his donation, it's great to know this site will continue on. Keep it up and best regards to you and your military career.

Angelo - Without you I doubt I would've started event hacking past Narshe. I can't think you enough for finding all the code for me, expanding Crystalyte, disabling espers for Locke, Filling the Magitek bank to make it just empty, and so much more. If there's anyone I owe a lot of debt to, it's you! I only wish I could fulfill your event. But thank you more than you'll ever know! Smile

I hope I didn't miss anyone! I'm glad that I've been able to accompany such gifted people at this ROM hacking feat. It's really neat to see a group of people working together, each at their own abilities to create something wonderful.
I don't exactly feel like I regret this decision - I had so much going on in my life and stress was just piling up.
I hope you all understand and respect my decision.
It sounds weird to say this but...
Goodbye for awhile, I might be back in 4-5 years, meet you all then. It's been a great time, farewell and best of wishes to your hacks! I know they'll be awesome.

xJCSx
Leaving as of 1/4/2011 9:15

I'll reply to anyone on this post just so you know.

Metroid Quest's Email Concerning Swapping Palettes:

Hi there,

Sorry I forgot to reply to you earlier.

20. Character Sprites

Overworld/Town Sprites
Location= D2F2 Size= 4 bytes (3rd & 4th stored elsewhere)

These are weird. The battle sprites had a 3rd byte for other sprites,
like Leo and Banon. In these, the 3rd and a 4th byte are preset
starting at D43C. Also, this covers more than just the main
characters, like town characters, save points, and the like. Also,
these *could* also set sprite size.

Battle Sprites
Location= 2D043 Size= 3 bytes

Since these sprites came immediately after the battle palettes, there's
a better chance of finding others now. The only problem here is that
these aren't so versatile. For example, if you look into the save RAM,
you'd notice Vicks and Wedge share the same sprite. This is true here,
as they share the same address (2D06D). There's another soldier at the
end, so maybe the overall sprite pointer is stored elsewhere.

Terra : 2D043
Locke : 2D046
Cyan : 2D049
Shadow : 2D04C
Edgar : 2D04F
Sabin : 2D052
Celes : 2D055
Strago : 2D058
Relm : 2D05B
Setzer : 2D05E
Mog, etc. : 2D061
Gau : 2D064
Gogo : 2D067
Umaro : 2D06A
Vicks & Wedge: 2D06D
Imp : 2D070
Leo : 2D073
Banon : 2D076
Half-Esper : 2D079
Merchant : 2D07C
Ghosts : 2D07F
Kefka : 2D082
Gestahl : 2D085
Imp. Soldier?: 2D088

FFAE0 - FFAE5
Menu sprite tile direction (all chars)
FFAE5 - FFB10
Menu sprite tile assignments (2 bytes)s

FFB11 - FFB67 2026
Menu sprite tile arrangment

Terra : FFB11
Locke : FFB15
Cyan : FFB19
Shadow : FFB1D
Edgar : FFB21
Sabin : FFB25
Celes : FFB29
Strago : FFB2D
Relm : FFB31
Setzer : FFB35
Mog : FFB39
Gau : FFB3D
Gogo : FFB41
Umaro : FFB45
Vicks & Wedge: FFB49
Imp : FFB4D
Leo : FFB51
Banon : FFB55
Half-Esper : FFB59
Merchant : FFB5D
Ghosts : FFB61
Kefka : FFB65

ALL CREDIT FOR THIS DATA GOES TO METROID QUEST Wink

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Well, I wish you the best, Justin. Real life is obviously much more important than a hobby such as ROM hacking. When it starts to impede on your responsibilities and school work, that is when you should take a step back. Heh, I don't know why you must abandon the site altogether, as you don't HAVE to hex edit, or take on massive projects, unless you want to. Maybe that's the prob, if your on here, u feel/want to take on a bunch of time consuming hard work, kind of like an addiction. Stopping by every once in a while wouldn't hurt, but its not my place to say that really...

"Gi Nattak - Man I know your hack is going to be absolutely awesome, you have amazing skills! I hope one day you take this to the next level and perhaps undergo making modern games? It'd be really great, your ideas are awesome."

Thx, bro. It would be a dream job! And I hope you play my hack sometime. Maybe when summer comes?? By then it will have grown wings and turned into a dragon with laser beam eyes.

Until next time.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
We'll miss ya. :/
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
"Ren Sama - I like your dedication to this site, it's profound. You out a lot of effort at your work. I feel bad though because for the longest time I thought you were a dude...then I saw the "Pictures Topic" haha sorry!"

You thought right the first time. >_>

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
(01-04-2011, 11:59 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: "Ren Sama - I like your dedication to this site, it's profound. You out a lot of effort at your work. I feel bad though because for the longest time I thought you were a dude...then I saw the "Pictures Topic" haha sorry!"

You thought right the first time. Sweat
No, not at first. Her boyfriend just took over when she left.

JCS: I am very happy to know that you've had such experiences with the people in this site. Do note that we completely understand. Referencing to what Gi Nattak said, my girlfriend Ren had to leave under similar circumstances and I've taken over for her. If it is any consolation; I understand how you feel (at least at that age).

Your decision to leave this community was a very strong step towards becoming an adult. You have taken all the good that this site has to offered and was gracious and kind to everyone involved. We will miss having you around but just think about it this way: if you do come back in however many years; think of all the funny things you could tell us that happened to you! Wink

"In every light there is a darkness; but that shadow need not impede upon your heart nor intrude your mind. You are sound and of a higher nature; be glad and embrace the mind and heart within."
  Find

Threads: 30
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
I wish for you to have the best of luck in your life. Feel free to stop by whenever you have a long amount of free time. I kind of doubt you will end up reading this post though.

[Image: finalfantasy6textboxshe.png]
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
Justin, never forget that you are always welcome here and have a home with us, if there is anything you need do not hesitate to ask me or anybody else, you show much promise and never forget that

I know this is not the last we will see from you, but farewell for now and thank you (also for your condolences I truly appreciate that)

remember, your life is yours to live, be sure to achieve your goals, but never forget to enjoy yourself as well, you are still young and have a lot ahead of you

we sincerely wish you the best and await your return

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
i'm gonna miss u man....
u were a great freind, and i will still make lenna since i feel its needed
i've just found out youve left, which is sad Sad

FEOK - Dude you have so many promising spriting abilities. Your sprites are always top-notch. Spriting goes far and beyond just 16 bit people. This can lead to animation editing and all sorts of great goals! Just keep doing what you do, this community thanks you. Wink

thanks a lot bro, you were an awsome event editer
hopefully you'll come back someday, so untill we meet again lol Smile
  Find

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Status
None
Thank you all so much guys! You really are awesome friends! Like Nattak suggested, I'm going to hang around the forums and answer any questions if I have the answers lolz. So I suppose I'm not completely gone, but as for making a hack and doing anything associated myself with FF6, I won't be.
It wasn't anyone's fault at ALL. I just think my grades need to improve and I wasn't quite functioning in life as well I could say.
But I'm glad everyone understood! Wink
I would just reply to everyone's post simultaneously, but the overall idea would be the same ha, you're great friends!
And thank you for deciding to complete Lenna and the others FEOK, it means alot. Those sprites won't go to waste, promise Smile

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
your welcome Wink
its nice 2 see you back, and if only for a little while Smile
  Find