Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Better Firion Sprite Sheet

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Updated, New Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jsa2g0ii4n6y7uf

here's my Firion sprite sheet that I'm using for my Dissidia hack. I know the color isn't exact, but it's not too bad, although I might redo the brownish color if I have room on the palette, if not, I'll have to make do. I redid a few of the animations so it shouldn't be as shi*tty as the other one we have. If someone has the time (and is decent at sprite hacking) you could take it and recolor it correctly, but this is the sprite sheet I made for my hack, and the animations are closer to spot-on than before. ^.^
enjoy Smile
ok, I recently had a face-palm moment, and figured out that I was able to make Firion closer to what he actually looks like, I think I'm almost spot-on now, maybe only one color is barely off. I won't bother to upload it here because it's only a minor recoloration, and it would defeat the purpose of this upload, which would be a correction to the original Firion sprite sheet.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
if u upload it here it wouldn't be a problem since u fixed the original,

if u upload a sprite sheet that is an improvement of the original it is completely ok

a recolor is taking the exact same thing and changing the colors and that is not acceptable unless the original had the colors in the wrong order

feel free 2 upload it here man :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
please upload it to our site. Smile
  Find

Status
None
it just changes one single color o.o
*doesn't really see the point*
I'll do it if I find the time today, if not I'll try to have it up by tomorrow ^.^

edit: btw, has anyone downloaded it and looked at the sprite sheet? if so, please tell me how I did. ^.^

Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
The sprite looks good in general. My only complaint (which I'm guessing you didn't have anything to do with) is the fact that his head in his profile sprites is a size smaller than his head in his front-and rear-facing sprites. It looks fine on the spritesheet, but I would think that it looks jerky in-game whenever you turn from front to side.

Status
None
umm, no, that's not me. ^.^
But I can kinda see why whoever made this sheet that way, because to keep the body proportions decent, the front/back head had to be that way. :/
I can't really attempt to fix it because doing so would mess up a lot of things with the head.
for now, there is nothing I can do, and in the begining, my main goal for Firion was to fix his glitches (in his original sprite sheet, the blinking motions were off (the head suddenly jerked forward) and a few other sprites were messed up. I fixed those.)
link updated, just click it for the updated version of Firion's sprite sheet ^.^

Find

Status
None
lol...thats mine.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
It still heavily looks like a locke edit. :/
  Find

Status
None
Yes, it does. That's because the sprites that I make from scratch take forever and end up not getting used because someone else finishes it before me...I'm just really slow. :/ Dante and Virgil that were made for Poco Loco's "New Resistance" project were decent though. But they take forever, and he ended up finishing them
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
the problem was the distortion tho since u edited the sprite in a way

but if anything get back into it n ur skills will come back 2 u Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC