Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Spriting: Palette Order and FF3SE (outdated)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
well its like this

if u have a character you want to assign to a certain palette you will need to assign them via hex editing

but if its a matter of just of assigning the right palette to the right character (both over world and battle)

there is a tutorial that can help you out Smile

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hp?tid=730

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
thanks, lets hope I can make sense and stuff hehe, and I hope I can do it

Status
None
np n good luck

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
If it reuses certain portions of the sprites for moving left and right, does that mean it would not be possible to accurately sprite Barret from FFVII, as his gun-arm would switch arms depending on what direction he is facing?
If so its not a big issue, just curious.
  Find

Status
None
yeah unfortunately certain poses and positions do switch, many things will be reverted but it all depends

-HNIC

Threads: 0
Status
None
Hi all, I'm brand new to the board but I'm a loooong time FF6 fan and I was hooping someone could help me out as this is my first time attempting a hack. My eldest son is eleven and loves this game almost as much as me...so basically he wants me to include Cloud and Link into FF so I decided to borrow the sprites supplied by the site, unfortunately the image size is larger than whats allowed by FF3se sprite editor and I don't know how to fix it. Can some one point me in the right direction, or do I need to sprite from scratch?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-19-2012, 08:05 PM)Meesher Wrote: ...so basically he wants me to include Cloud and Link into FF so I decided to borrow the sprites supplied by the site, unfortunately the image size is larger than whats allowed by FF3se sprite editor and I don't know how to fix it. Can some one point me in the right direction, or do I need to sprite from scratch?

Both sprite sheets can be imported without any problem in FF3usME. The sprite sheets in the database are made for this editor. The editor can be downloaded in the tools section.

I don't know if they can be imported in FF3SE (sprite editor) but from what you are saying it seems not.

Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
(12-19-2012, 10:49 PM)Ⓐ Mᴀᴅsɪᴜʀ Ⓐ Wrote:
(12-19-2012, 08:05 PM)Meesher Wrote: ...so basically he wants me to include Cloud and Link into FF so I decided to borrow the sprites supplied by the site, unfortunately the image size is larger than whats allowed by FF3se sprite editor and I don't know how to fix it. Can some one point me in the right direction, or do I need to sprite from scratch?

Both sprite sheets can be imported without any problem in FF3usME. The sprite sheets in the database are made for this editor. The editor can be downloaded in the tools section.

I don't know if they can be imported in FF3SE (sprite editor) but from what you are saying it seems not.
Thanks a bunch, it works in FFusME I just needed to explore the tools a bit more I guess.

Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Can I have that sprite sheet?

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find