Van,Relm's adopted boy

Threads: 33
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Title:: Van,Relm's Adopted Kid.
Author:: Micki Chiba,completed by Poco Loco
Description:: this character is completely original of mine for my switch hack. He's the son of Edge and Relm's Adopted boy.

[Image: 14_13_09_10_5_20_14.png]

if you need the bin file for Van,PMed me or contact me on Skype or MSN or yahoo.Smile
Due some glitches,Poco helped fished this sprite.he also get credit.

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
Ha, this is really good it's defenitly relms son!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
not bad

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 9
Status
None
Attack,Sketch,Throw,Item Laugh ????

Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
Thats Genetics for ye. : D

I'm da stress kitty!!!
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
I don't mind it but there is one thing (more like 2) that will keep me from using this:

1.) It looks too much like Relm. In fact it looks exactly like Relm with her hat off and a slight recoloring to make her wear a green and red shirt with green sleeves. I'm sorry but to my eyes this just looks like Relm playing at being a tomboy. This doesn't scream "original" character to me.

2.) Perhaps if you got rid of the cape and changed a few of the poses to be different from Relm others (assuming I'm not the only one who thinks this way) would not be able to even compare the two characters. they would look completely different.

3.) Try a different color scheme; You can keep the same palette but instead of the exact same color scheme try using the colors of his hair in his outfit as well... In fact I'll take this and rework it to show you what I mean.

Here's the first line of my changes:

[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Threads: 33
Status
None
Ok,should help. I was planning to put him in a hat to tie it off.

Status
None
I hope you were being sarcastic. If you were seriously going to put a hat on him then I would have been vehemently against it going through.
I'll finish what I did and post it onto the thread, use it if you want but I honestly can't say that the current Van should go through.

Here's my version of Van:

[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
Ren's is better honestly

it looks much more original

I am going to give it a final look 2 see if anything is off

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Oh and Micki? Please do not take offense over this but there is something I feel you need to change about the way you do sprites.

I've noticed you use a base for your character; that is a very good thing to do; however, the thing that truly irks me about your sprites is that you don't deviate from the base AT ALL. Every pose is exactly like the base's only a different character doing it. When I can look at one of your sprites (no matter how drastically you changed it) and would be able to tell you exactly what base you used really damages your credibility as a spriter. Base's are just that; a base. You base the body shape after them but you aren't supposed to use every single pose and make it look EXACTLY the same.

Change things around. The sprites that NEED to be different are: Spell Casting, Action Pose, Damaged, Story Pose and Critical.
  Find