Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
About Changing Pallettes...

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm new to this sort of thing, and I figured I'd ask about the first thing I've noticed. I know a lot of characters share the same pallettes when it comes to colors(I.E. Shadow, Setzer, and Cyan), however when I was looking through the sprites in Metroidquest's Eternal Crystals hack, I noticed that he managed to change Cyan's pallette, without changing Shadow or Setzer's... Can someone explain to me how this is possible?
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
he used ASM hacking

you have to get into hex editing to do this

go to Lord J's website and look @ his table files, you should eventually find out the correct values so that you can change a certain palette on a certain character

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
I see... Do you know which of the data tables would handle that matter? And maybe about which area in them I would find that? (I've never tried this aspect of it, sorry for any trouble)
  Find

Status
None
hmmm well I don't know the exact offset but I can look 4 it

if I can find it I'll help u out

if I don't get the chance to let u know just check Lord J's website and the table files page will specify which offset has to do with the battle and over world palettes (apparently when shopping the characters rely on another palette which is somewhere else that not even J knows)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Cool, I appreciate any help you can give me with this. ^_^
  Find

Status
None
np np Smile

did you see the message I sent you regarding the matter?

-HNIC