Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Monster can't use Mimic Command

Threads: 30
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Aftermath
I have a problem about monster can't use Mimic command I checked all commands that mark can mimic in FF3USME and make sure it's okay. Also I put commands like this

[Image: GEBbAgg.png]

and test it in battle however everytime I use magic like ultima and such or x-magic the monster can't use the mimic command.

so I change to this one 

[Image: FaXE4jo.png]

I testing again if it works but it's the same result monster can't use mimic enemy's attacks.

Is there way to works the mimic command on monsters?!
  Find

Status
Aftermath
Update: It works the monster mimic party's last attack and it's fine.

Now my next problem is instead party's got damage from monster mimic it turns out the monster got damage. Also healing spells like cure, cura, curaga, etc. instead heal the monster itself from mimic it heals the party members. Is there way the mimic command on monster works just like Gogo?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I'd imagine you'd probably need to code a different/cloned version of Mimic where it targets the enemy, which would be the party in this case. As it is, Mimic is coded exclusively for the party and allies, so when a monster uses it in their AI script, it still functions the same and will target the monster. I'm not versed enough in assembly hacking to show how this would be done exactly, and I'm not too sure how complex the Mimic coding is, but I'd imagine it's probably quite a bit of work. Actually, it'd probably make more sense to code in an exception into Mimic where 'if a monster is using it, then branch to special targeting', or something like that. Hopefully someone who knows more will be able to assist more than I can.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Aftermath
Hi and recently I played Terii Senshi's boss hack named Kether were it use the Mimic command and exactly target the party members got damage and healing the monster itself
and I don't know how did she/he exactly coding the mimic command and yeah I hope someone will able to make the mimic command code just like Terii Senshi did.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
It looks like he did some edit to the Mimic code, looking at the patch-log here. I could probably reverse-engineer it. Will report back.
There's also some other code changes going on, for the Super Nova attack and the Shield spell.

Status
Nattak\'d
I've attached a patch (apply with no header), lemme know if it works, it seems to be on my side here, I believe.
The code has been placed at the original free space at C2/6469, but it's really easy to relocate if need be.

Code:
Mimic code lda to jsr edits:
$C2/01E8 20 69 64    JSR $6469
$C2/01F9 20 69 64    JSR $6469
$C2/0210 20 69 64    JSR $6469

Free space:
$C2/6469 E0 08       CPX #$08
$C2/646B F0 04       BEQ $04    [$6471]
$C2/646D AD 2A 3F    LDA $3F2A
$C2/6470 60          RTS
$C2/6471 7B          TDC
$C2/6472 60          RTS

All credit to Terii Senshi of course.

So to sum up what this does, is it makes the Mimic command functional for monsters in terms of them using the desired targeting, so one could use it in their battle script. Now how well it works or if there's any bugs associated with this, I haven't taken the time to find out lol.

Attached Files
.ips  mimic_edit_nh.ips (47 bytes, 1 downloads)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Kusanagi_999 (02-17-2024)

Status
Aftermath
I download the ips you provided and testing out however during battle with the boss the game has crash I think something messed up the code I'm not sure.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Does your ROM have a header? The patch is for a non-headered ROM.
If it's not that, did you have any other patches applied that use the space at C2/6469?

EDIT: Yeah it crashed here for me also... Sorry, I'll take a look at what went wrong here.

Status
Aftermath
I use the non-headered rom and nope I didn't applied other patches that use C2/6469 free space.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
OK try again, I reuploaded the attachment. I had a dyslexic moment entering the bytes the first time, sorry about that.