Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Not appearing in Worldmap

Threads: 30
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Aftermath
Hello everyone I have a problem after beat the boss it's fine however when I step the portal then suddenly it doesn't appear in the worldmap and freeze the game I try to fix everything but won't work. I provide the ips patch to test it out if something messed up and map location.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.ips  Final Fantasy VI Neo Ultima.ips (995.74 KB, 2 downloads)
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I'm not really sure I understand what's going on, can you reword it or elaborate a bit? What doesn't appear on the worldmap?
And could you also upload a save state for this boss battle? The save states I tried the boss is nowhere to be found inside the water dungeon place and there is no portal so to speak of, I can just enter and exit the watery map.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Aftermath
here the save state ready to boss battle
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6qw97549n...a.zst/file

and the image

[Image: o3Wmuja.png]

and this is a teleport or portal or something what I'm talking about this is after defeat the boss and I step on it freeze the game.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
It seems to be something with the boss itself, in its AI script perhaps? I can't open this ROM in FF3usME to check or test any further, but when I changed the called battle pack for the boss battle @CC18B4 to anything else, the teleporter trigger works fine afterwards. It's only when you call the Neo Ultima fight (4D 70 3F) that it does this...and I'm not sure why. I don't believe I've ever seen something in a boss AI that causes event code to not work correctly, but that's what seems to be happening.

Are you using an AI patch or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it is happening with some other battle packs as well... only the bosses though, not normal monster packs, hmm... I'm not sure what the issue is, I'd really need access to FF3usME to figure it out more, it seems to be tied to just the boss formations.

MORE EDIT: OK, it seems to be music related (C5 bank). I'm too tired atm to try and decipher what exactly you did with adding songs, but when I reverted the C5 bank back to original the teleporter event works after the battle.

These changed offsets are taken from the patch log:
C501E3 (3 bytes)
C5041C (3 bytes)
C5049C (3 bytes)
C504DE (3 bytes)
C53C5E (1 bytes)
C53D1C (D8 bytes)
C53DF4 (A2 bytes)
C53F97 (7 bytes)
C53F9E (A97 bytes)

I'm not sure what exactly it is, but reverting that fixes it, so it's something you or a patch did with the music, maybe a mistake was made? I'm still not sure how this could mess with the event code, but crazy things like that can happen sometimes.

Status
Aftermath
(01-07-2024, 02:46 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Are you using an AI patch or something?

Nope
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I figured it out, it's this song patch that you are using:
[Image: 5Kg0RGU.png]

It uses too much instrument RAM and causes this glitch somehow. See here:

[Image: m4z7YBy.png]

[Image: 7e3a1RQ.png]

Not only does it go over the maximum amount of 3746 blocks, but when you duplicate instruments like this it can lead to terrible things. No offense to them, but LoneRedMage's song hacks are not the best to say the least, and I wasn't aware they had issues like this going on or I'd have removed them, which I probably will in the very near future now as they are beyond simply repairing.

So, looks like you'll need to use another song instead to fix this. RotDS has this same song, you could look there to find it or get it from the RotDS OST site via the MML and learn how to use mfvitools to turn it into song data. Or just choose another song from the wiki song hacking page. The world is yours!

Note that once you change the song, you'll have to load up your game from before that song played/reload the map & song, or it will appear to not be fixed.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Kusanagi_999 (01-07-2024)

Status
Aftermath
I change the song to testing it and now it works fine now thank you so much you are lifesaver.
  Find