Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragons' Shrine

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 42
Status
None
RELEASED - link

This patch adds a simplified spiritual successor to the GBA Dragons’ Den - the Dragons’ Shrine.

After defeating all of the Eight Dragons, you will be notified of a new power awakening. North of Dragons’ Neck Coliseum, the Dragons’ Shrine has appeared on a small island. Within you will face the Eight Dragons again, who are more powerful than ever. After defeating all eight, a path to the top of the shrine will appear, atop which…well, what do YOU think is waiting for you?

This patch also includes a failsafe to “activate” the Dragons’ Shrine if playing from a save file where the Eight Dragons have already been defeated. Information is within the Read Me file in the download.

The rematches with the Eight Dragons are inspired by their GBA counterparts, but are not exactly identical. Due to limitations, they do not drop any ultimate weapons or other items. As an aesthetic touch, Red Dragon now has a different sprite, so that none of the Eight Dragons share the same sprite as the other, and all eight now have a unique color in the field. Entrance events were slightly modified in addition to all the other event work in this patch to make this possible.

The patch will expand your rom if it is not already expanded. It has been bugtested from the moment the last of the Eight Dragons was defeated, all the way to the final battle. However, if any bugs are encountered, of course report them and they will be fixed.

This video shows off a tech demo of the event; though dummy battles are used for the Eight Dragons, that's just for the convenience of showing off all that is included in this project. In the downloadable version, you'll rematch the Eight Dragons properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9VPNuCSVQE

In addition, for the hackers here, I offer this - my settings for the rom so it can be opened in FF6LE CE, and a list of most of the data changed including the new events, new battles, etc. I make this available so that anyone who wants to go further than I can do so - I am content with just the Shrine, but with all the framework that I have here, you could absolutely make a full scale dungeon (recreating the Dragons' Den 1-for-1 is not possible due to limitations of items and enemies, but you could do your own thing). Anyone who may want to do their own hack based off of this, you have my blessing, just please credit me. Wink

Download data

Many thanks to madsiur, Gi Nattak, and others, on the Discord server for their help with this project.
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to DrakeyC for this post:
  • Kusanagi_999 (04-27-2022), madsiur (04-25-2022), SilentEnigma (05-03-2022), Warrax (05-02-2022)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
nice work. will there be a soul shrine too to fight all the previous bosses? after going thru all of them should enable you to fight omega weapon instead of putting him in the dragon shrine. i say that because i think both omega and kaiser should be allowed with the hidon feature and return after a certain while when you defeat them(even though omega already had this feature).
  Find

Status
None
No, there won't be a Soul Shrine.
  Find

Threads: 30
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Aftermath
Oh wow great event bro.
how make that custom events and new maps?! I'm not good in making events but making dungeons is so-so.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
(04-27-2022, 12:10 PM)Kusanagi_999 Wrote: Oh wow great event bro.
how make that custom events and new maps?! I'm not good in making events but making dungeons is so-so.

I believe the custom events part of this project was done mostly or entirely with FF6Tools:
https://everything8215.github.io/ff6tools/ff6tools.html

It has an event editor as well as a map editor.
Alternatively I'd imagine you could do it the old fashion way and use a hex editor and reference the event command document.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(04-27-2022, 02:45 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 12:10 PM)Kusanagi_999 Wrote: Oh wow great event bro.

I believe the custom events part of this project was done mostly or entirely with FF6Tools:
https://everything8215.github.io/ff6tools/ff6tools.html

It has an event editor as well as a map editor.
Alternatively I'd imagine you could do it the old fashion way and use a hex editor and reference the event command document.

Actually I couldn't use FF6Tools because of the map expansion. I did indeed do it the old-fashioned way. I used ZoneDoctor to check my work and plan out the complex stuff, but the fine-tuning was all done in hex.
  Find

Status
None
Project complete! OP updated with download link and more information
  Find

Status
Aftermath
Oh BTW I forgot there's a problem after I beat one of the dragons (I think the death animation) and even dragon killed it still fighting is this a bug?!
can you check please if you do.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kusanagi_999 for this post:
  • DrakeyC (05-06-2022)

Status
None
I don't understand what you mean.
  Find

Status
Aftermath
I mean is I beat this dragon via draining MP and if you see the 2nd video even I beat this dragon it still fighting.
  Find