Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF5r full English translation

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 55
Status
Tissue-aware
Download v1.00c

In November Serity has developed a English translation for the Japanese FF5 hack FF5r. This patch needs to be use on an unheadered FF5r ROM, you can get the FF5r patch from RHDN. The hack work on bsnes v115, snes9x 1.60 and zsnes v1.51 for Windows. However there may be a crash at the text in the intro on some emulators, right now the only known one is the 3DS snes9x emulator. Check the readme for all the details.

[Image: ff5r2.png] [Image: ff5r4.png]

[Image: ff5r6.png] [Image: ff5r7.png]
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • God of rule (10-29-2021), jack5881 (02-14-2021), Mantecol (02-10-2021), snesvgm (06-27-2021)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello, first of all: thank you to all people involved on this project, both the original and the translation, because I started playing a couple weeks ago and really enjoying it.

Now, I'm sorry if that's not the place to ask this, and I'm not the type of person who likes asking this. But I got stuck with a boss and can't find any help anywhere else (h**k, I can barely find any info about this translation anywhere else, either!).

The boss is the Skulldragon. Bosses in FF5r are generally quite challenging compared to vainilla FF5 but until now they all were "dealable", just a matter of trying different strategies until you get the point. However, no matter how much I try with that Skulldragon, I simply can't get pass it! Changed all jobs to Basic/Freelance with the best possible abilities and equipment, spammed Fire 3 all the time while keeping my characters healthy and "hasted", but it never dies. Unlike FF6 there is no MP-damage magic in FF5 as long as I know, so I can't find the way to remove his MP, and the HP is so insane I can't defeat after thousands of Fire 3 (of around 5000 HP each).

Maybe there is some obvious thing to do there, but I simply can't get it, so just tried the last resource asking for help here. Sorry if that was not the proper way! And thank you again for all the romhackers out there giving so much of fan to FF classic lovers like me Smile
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
(06-27-2021, 02:39 PM)snesvgm Wrote: However, no matter how much I try with that Skulldragon, I simply can't get pass it! Changed all jobs to Basic/Freelance with the best possible abilities and equipment, spammed Fire 3 all the time while keeping my characters healthy and "hasted", but it never dies. Unlike FF6 there is no MP-damage magic in FF5 as long as I know, so I can't find the way to remove his MP, and the HP is so insane I can't defeat after thousands of Fire 3 (of around 5000 HP each).

Honestly, even though I made the translation, I never got as far as Skull Dragon, but some other players did (using the translation, so it definitely is winnable). From what they said, the key is
The above spoiler is ScarabEnigma's suggestions on how to clear the fight.

There's no real info about the translation because I just threw it together in a week and quietly released it on Discord without any hype or getting anyone to actually play it (other than a few testers) :p
  Find

Threads: 30
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Aftermath
He/She update this game to FF5r v1.50 years back. I don't know if is allow here to post links.
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
(08-10-2021, 06:33 AM)Kusanagi_999 Wrote: He/She update this game to FF5r v1.50 years back. I don't know if is allow here to post links.

From what I understand, 1.50 is made by someone else and not the original author, which is why I decided to translate 1.40.
  Find

Threads: 30
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Aftermath
@Serity ah I see I thought the author made the updated version but it turns out its from someone else I just want DL the latest version anyways thank you for the info.
And is it also okay to translate the v1.50 of FF5r if you do sir/madam?!
  Find

Status
Dead
Yeaaaaah i missed it thank you to all people involved on this project, you guys are insane !!!
  Find

Status
None
Sorry if I'm necro'ing this thread, (was linked to it from a thread on romhacking.net), firstly I wanted to say thanks again for the translation!

Secondly, since I am seeing 1.50 discussed I was wondering some things about it as I've never been able to track it down. Is it just general tweaks/bugfixes, or did the other author add new content?
  Find