Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
37+ New weapons - FF6 Comprehensive Arsenal Patch

Threads: 10
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 5
Status
Sneak
(04-24-2024, 04:50 PM)C-Dude Wrote: The spreadsheet has animation script addresses, but regrettably is missing many of the other addresses that are modified by your patch.  Something very difficult to work out is how the tile maps are changed in the D2 bank (and which changes correspond to which weapon).  Could you go into further detail as to how you set up the tile layout for the weapons?  This information would be immensely helpful for people trying to add additional weapons, or those trying to integrate them into an existing project.  Even simply listing the D2 addresses that each weapon alters would be of tremendous utility.  The animation frame data addresses in D1 would be quite useful as well.

Also, both patches have a bunch of FF3USME shifted data (the World of Ruin shift build into the program by its creator).  This is fine for the plug-and-play, but you may want to crop the changes after 2EB21E for the hack-oriented patch.
Code:
2EB21E       8    No     0000164D-00001659        D
2F4A46    52D1    No     0000165A-0000692F     52D6

I've written some node scripts to automatically track pointers and addresses for any animation and weapon, which were really useful (despite my coding skills lol):

[Image: zT7xCun.png]

I haven't posted it on github yet, but I'll try to do it asap, or at least use this script to further document the project as you asked.

Also, I wasn't aware of the FF3USME changes on the hack-oriented, I'll be investigating it further.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tomilho for this post:
  • C-Dude (04-24-2024)

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Like C-dude, I would also strongly desire some documentation. My hack already has a few custom weapons and animations, so I would want to port over some of your weapon sprites but not all of them (I don't have space for all of them, sadly!)

Edit: By the way, is there a Github link I'm missing?
  Find

Threads: 10
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 5
Status
Sneak
(04-24-2024, 08:02 PM)Lightning Wrote: Like C-dude, I would also strongly desire some documentation.  My hack already has a few custom weapons and animations, so I would want to port over some of your weapon sprites but not all of them (I don't have space for all of them, sadly!)

Edit: By the way, is there a Github link I'm missing?

So, I've update the attachment with a new file:
Code:
============================================================================
--[ Animation $11 (Ornate Bow) graphics data ($D4D066) ]--

Animation script: Pointer address: $D1EAFA --> Data address: $D07D6B
Graphics format: 3bpp
Number of frames: 4
Tile formation index: $24 (Address: $D20900)
First frame index: $E3 (Pointer Address: $D4E102 --> Data address: $D1059B)
Frame width: 3
Frame height: 3

============================================================================
--[ Animation $13 (Simple Bow) graphics data ($D4D072) ]--

Animation script: Pointer address: $D1EAFE --> Data address: $D07D6B
Graphics format: 3bpp
Number of frames: 4
Tile formation index: $120 (Address: $D24800)
First frame index: $7F (Pointer Address: $D4E03A --> Data address: $D10461)
Frame width: 3
Frame height: 3

Also posted some of the scripts I made to github: https://github.com/tomilho1/FF6weaponTracker/tree/main

Don't expect too much elegance on the code, though Tongue. I haven't tested it extensively and it was written rather hastily.

Oh, I've added another file to the attachment too, a tile diagram. Take this as a kind of "tip" from someone who spent hours doing this. If you want to quickly find the address of a tile, you can use a diagram like this:

[Image: OrhndBC.gif]

Match the row and the column and you will find that the address of that knife tile is $02EA ($EA 02 in the tile formation table).
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to tomilho for this post:
  • C-Dude (04-24-2024), DrakeyC (Yesterday)

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Moog
Thank you. This information is incredibly helpful, not just with your patch but in understanding how FF6 handles tile mapping in general. I was missing part of the picture about the first byte of the graphics data, but now it makes sense.
  Find