Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Which bug fixes do you consider indispensable?

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(04-05-2019, 02:06 AM)C-Dude Wrote: Okay, attaching it to this post.  I made generic patches for you based on the C3 hexgrab and the knowledge your chocobo patch conflicts with the Banon Riding patch (which was included in the CV compilation).  I can't give you mine, because I've got changes you wouldn't want (such as added spell learning for Mog, Shadow, Relm and Strago, and applying the monster AI overhaul by Hatzen).
Keep in mind these patches are generic: nothing is better than the legitimate article.  If your combat systems are playing nice and your events aren't, then it would be better to select the hex block C0:0000 to C3:FFFF and copy-paste it to make your own custom patch.

Hopefully you have an unsullied version of your event changes, one before you applied CV or another compilation with event changes?  I was unsuccessful trying to 'unsully' a DivergentPaths ROM that had been blended with CV, but I was able to combat-patch a fresh one.  If you've made significant changes in the C0-C3 banks, you'll also want to watch for patch conflicts: you may need to move your stuff to new addresses once CV to C3 is in place.  An IPS report will help you find the conflict spots, though they're a pain to scour.

Just to let you know, I finally got around to compiling my IPS, checking it against yours, and patching mine over the top. It SEEMS to work, so I'm going to go with it. Thank you so much, and sorry it took 9 months to test it out. New job at night, promotion at day job, and new baby conspired to sap ALL of my hacking time.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (01-19-2020)

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
I think the critical bugs are the Sketch glitch, Evade bug, and Cherub Down killing Interceptor. Anything else is minor or something you'll have to deliberately exploit. That said, important balance bugfixes are Genji Glove damage, Vanish/Doom, permamorph, Muddle/Smoke bomb, and stacking immunities.

Then there are the severe but very unlikely bugs like Jump softlocking the game in certain conditions, or the Kutan glitch, airship glitch, 52 game overs glitch, tent glitch, cid timer glitch, etc, that you'll never see unless you go out of your way to break the game.

There's also a whole bunch of minor bugfixes that I'd rather have than not have, but essential? Nah.

Finally there's a whole bunch of balance fixes that aren't technically bugs, just bad design. But I won't get into those or QoL stuff even though I think they're more essential than most bugfixes. Tongue

EDIT: I knew I'd forget some stuff. The Enemy AI FC command bugfixes, Suplex damage, pincer/back randomosity, status timers, are all pretty important bugs because they affect normal (not intentionally breaking or exploiting) gameplay.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (01-19-2020)