Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Seal command

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Does Zone Doctor provide ways that allow me to seal 1 or 2 command: magic, tools, throw & etc, during a certain boss battle?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
No that can only be done with assembly coding. You'd need to write a check for your formation ID and disabled the command(s) if that formation is encountered.
  Find

Status
None
(01-17-2019, 10:44 AM)madsiur Wrote: No that can only be done with assembly coding. You'd need to write a check for your formation ID and disabled the command(s) if that formation is encountered.

You mean the same assembler bass or xkas. If so, which one do you recommend, and do you happened to know someone did this and release an example in the forum?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-17-2019, 11:26 AM)hoshinmoon Wrote: You mean the same assembler bass or xkas. If so, which one do you recommend, and do you happened to know someone did this and release an example in the forum?

bass and xkas will get you to the same result, I use bass but before I was using xkas 0.06. Some use other assemblers. What is the most vital is your ability to use it, i.e. writing code. It's not an easy thing to learn from scratch but once you are at ease in it, you are basically free of doing whatever modification.

I don't think there is an example on this forum for the specific thing you want to do, but there are examples in the C2 disassembly of command disabling, it's a matter of taking and adapting that logic to what you want to do.
  Find

Status
None
(01-17-2019, 08:05 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 11:26 AM)hoshinmoon Wrote: You mean the same assembler bass or xkas. If so, which one do you recommend, and do you happened to know someone did this and release an example in the forum?

bass and xkas will get you to the same result, I use bass but before I was using xkas 0.06. Some use other assemblers. What is the most vital is your ability to use it, i.e. writing code. It's not an easy thing to learn from scratch but once you are at ease in it, you are basically free of doing whatever modification.

I don't think there is an example on this forum for the specific thing you want to do, but there are examples in the C2 disassembly of command disabling, it's a matter of taking and adapting that logic to what you want to do.
Why can't I open bass application? Its more like it open & immediately close. Any idea?
  Find

Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
That's because it's a command line based program so it will close automatically if you don't run it from a Command Prompt (%windir%\system32\cmd.exe). You can also use Asar to patch ASM files into ROMs, Asar will not close when executed outside of a command prompt.

Find

Status
None
(01-18-2019, 10:57 AM)Warrax Wrote: That's because it's a command line based program so it will close automatically if you don't run it from a Command Prompt (%windir%\system32\cmd.exe). You can also use Asar to patch ASM files into ROMs, Asar will not close when executed outside of a command prompt.

I had try and try, like entering the address onto command prompt with .....\bass.exe, but the only things I got are something "Options, d name[=value]. c nam[=value], strict, create, benchmark". Which I don't know and can't click on those options. What did I do wrong/mistake now?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
You need to write an .asm file with your code changes and assemble it with bass -o romname.smc filename.asm.
  Find

Status
None
(01-19-2019, 10:42 AM)madsiur Wrote: You need to write an .asm file with your code changes and assemble it with bass -o romname.smc filename.asm.

So I chg my rom .smc into .asm by "typing", bec asar only create an empty .asm. Not sure why.

As for bass, still don't know how to open it without closing, even by opening my cmd prompt. 

Sorry and thank madsiur in helping my hacking rom naiveness.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
See this attachment to understand what a ASM file looks like. To "inject the code in the ROM" you assemble it with asar, xkas or bass. The syntax of the file vary a little depending of which assembler you use.

.zip  menu_gradient.zip (2.44 KB, 1 downloads)
  Find