Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New Summons Menu

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Also, keep in mind Espers don't have to teach themselves. Any monster in the game can teach the Esper Summons, so you could also make 'event' battles, without needing to make 'events'; maybe there's a series of mages scattered throughout the land, and talking to one starts a battle, and during that battle they use the summon spell. And bam, you've learned it from them.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
WELL, we could do this the VERY easy way, and have the esper's magicite forms teach the spells, and since the summon spells are technically lores, only Strago/strago's replacement should be able to learn the summons Laugh
(it has to be strago's charecter slot since the slot has a special crypting so that only he can learn lores/summons) if just having any charecter know lore/summon would enable them to learn lores, then in the original game, Gogo would've been able to learn Lores. (And I wouldn't have had to remake my team just so Strago could learn Force Field >_<)

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Well, if I recall correctly, there's a program to modify the Espers and what they teach as well as the rates they teach it. Couldn't you just adjust it so that one of the magic slots teaches the Esper?
  Find

Threads: 3
Status
None
I also want to know if it is possible to have the espers teach the call spells.

Also, would it be difficult to recreate this patch replacing the existing summon command? I have no assembly experience, but if I have examples to go off of I can learn
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
You could have the enemy cast his or her "Summon" and it teaches it that way. In example, you're battling Shiva and she casts the summon "Diamond Dust" and that's the summon itself.
Yes, it would be very difficult to replace the existing Esper command as it doesn't use an in-battle command and the way it functions is totally different than that of the FFIV summon menu.
  Find

Threads: 3
Status
None
sorry let me reword my questions.

1) Instead of learning the spell from a monster attack, could you have an equipped esper teach the call spell like how you learn the normal spells?

2) Would it be difficult to remake your patch but still keep all the existing in game commands? or is your patch dependent on Lore's function?

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
b1llygo4t Wrote:1) Instead of learning the spell from a monster attack, could you have an equipped esper teach the call spell like how you learn the normal spells?

It would need to replace existing magic spell then. SRAM is limited as of the numbers of spell learned at a certain percentage. Unless you do with the magic command the same thing Zeemis did with the lore command, you need to build a menu for your summon command and modify the behavior of the command. You need to code.

b1llygo4t Wrote:2) Would it be difficult to remake your patch but still keep all the existing in game commands? or is your patch dependent on Lore's function?

Pretty difficult. I once tried to start doing a summon menu but in front of the hugeness of the task I gave up. The existing patch is simply lores renamed with different attacks. It's the lore command renamed.

Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
However this gives me an idea for a new way of magic in FFVI; instead of learning magic "spells" it can take on the form of "derivative magic" where all their power is actually derived from the being itself. For example instead of having Fire, Fira, Firaga one could have Ifrit (the basic Fire summon) and have a lesser power single target power, a multi effect power, and his ultimate power.

For example:

Fire-> Ifrit's first power: Flame shot- medium fire damage to a single enemy
Fira-> Ifrit's second power: Heatwave- slightly less powerful than Flame Shot but targets all with a chance to berserk
Firaga-> Ifrit's final power: Hell Fire- Strong attack on all; less powerful than true summoning.

What I mean by "true summoning" is that all existing summons that you would use by pressing up on the magic screen when equipped with a magicite will have to be upped substantially in power to beat out even the final power since you are calling upon their pure essence. Since you would have to have them equipped you don't have to up their MP price by too much since they are already limited by one way.

There is also a patch where you can "assign" magicite to certain characters making it where Terra and Celes could use very different and opposing elements and magicite "calls"; However if you are going to go that far then Strago, Relm, Terra, and Celes would be the only ones who can cast magic and use this "derivative magic".

This is actually a pretty cool idea I think...I'll have to develop it some more I think.

Another thing to consider is Terra and Celes themselves...unlike Strago and Relm whose magical blood is so horrendously thin that one can only manipulate things via pictomancy and the other via watching the enemy's power; Terra and Celes are very closely magic themselves. Terra being half esper and Celes being infused with the essence of an esper. So this could mean that they would in fact have their own set of "spells" since it would just be their own power. So you could still save a few magic slots for their personal use. I don't know it something really different that I think could be really awesome if implemented.
  Find

Threads: 11
Status
None
I'm having a problem with the summoning patch, mainly with Asura in this video

I'm using version 1.0 and I do believe that it's headerless
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
When I use the Shock ability it looks like this blue guy cusing an earthquake!Huh

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find