Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Coral event

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I am playing FFVI to make sure that there is no bug so far with my new subroutines for the treasure chests. But then, I was remembered why, oh why, is Ebot's Rock my least favorite part of the game. There is no way to know how much coral it requires. And I got way more than the 22~25 pieces required as indicated on online FAQs. Would somebody would be so kind as to guide me in the general direction on the event that manages this please? Thanks in advance!
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Good news. Ebot's Rock has NO treasure pointers. The chests are all just graphics on a map. The treasure chest that you feed coral to is an invisible NPC overlaid on top of a treasure chest graphic tile. (Note: This happens in several other places in the game too. Any treasure chest that gives you a rare item is actually an NPC). The event tied to this NPC starts at CB/70C7.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • NPCnextdoor (08-07-2018)

Threads: 7
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(08-07-2018, 09:38 AM)PowerPanda Wrote: Good news. Ebot's Rock has NO treasure pointers. The chests are all just graphics on a map. The treasure chest that you feed coral to is an invisible NPC overlaid on top of a treasure chest graphic tile. (Note: This happens in several other places in the game too. Any treasure chest that gives you a rare item is actually an NPC).

I actually already added Rare Items to the possible treasures that a chest give, but my brain somehow forgot about Corals (I WONDER WHY Tongue). But you, sir, just gave me an idea! Two, in fact! I will add a check for the quantity when the chest contains Coral AND I will add an option to shuffle the Corals among any treasure chests of the game in the chest randomizer so that fighting Hidon will require a scavenge hunt! Thanks a lot! And thanks for the event address as well!
  Find