Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragon Horn max jump of 3

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(07-19-2018, 11:40 AM)Warrax Wrote: As a side fix to Jump, Jump does double the total damage if you have a spear equipped, that part can be disabled. You can also make it miss and affect row if you want.

Double damage when spear equipped:
C2/1817: 20 12 15 JSR $1512 (Set $BD, turn-wide damage incrementor, to 2 if spear)
C2/181D: 20 12 15 JSR $1512 (Set $BD, turn-wide damage incrementor, to 2 if spear)

change 20 12 15 to EA EA EA to remove the double damage part

C2/180D: 8D A4 11 STA $11A4 (Set can't be dodged only)
C2/1810: 04 B3 TSB $B3 (Set ignore attacker row)

8D A4 11 to EA EA EA to make jump use the hit table
04 B3 to EA EA to make jump affected by Row

Hey, that's pretty cool. I am keeping the spear double damage since I already adjusted the damage they deal a bit to account for this, but I will definitely use the hit table!

On a different topic, do you guys know how to limit the number of shocks Leo can perform to just 1 per battle? I asked this over on my other thread, but it seems to have gone unnoticed, and this thread seems to be more active.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
The code for Shock is extremely bare bones. It amounts to "find the ability Megahit. Now cast it." That's it. If you want to limit the number of times it is cast per battle, you've got a huge asm task ahead of you. You'll have to find an unused ram byte, increment it, and have the ability grey out when the value is greater than 1. So... There's a reason nobody answered your question or jumped to offer help.

Here's the thing: Shock wasn't ever meant to be balanced. It is meant to make Leo impossibly cool for one battle. When you look at the data, it's the equivalent of Bolt 3, but non elemental and cast for free. In my definitive edition hack, I actually gave Leo the Runic ability (Celes has Jump), and coded a relic to change Runic into Shock late game.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(07-19-2018, 03:36 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: The code for Shock is extremely bare bones. It amounts to "find the ability Megahit. Now cast it." That's it. If you want to limit the number of times it is cast per battle, you've got a huge asm task ahead of you. You'll have to find an unused ram byte, increment it, and have the ability grey out when the value is greater than 1. So... There's a reason nobody answered your question or jumped to offer help.

Here's the thing: Shock wasn't ever meant to be balanced. It is meant to make Leo impossibly cool for one battle. When you look at the data, it's the equivalent of Bolt 3, but non elemental and cast for free. In my definitive edition hack, I actually gave Leo the Runic ability (Celes has Jump), and coded a relic to change Runic into Shock late game.

That makes sense. It's too bad the code created by GrayShadows causes glitches in the game (by having Shock use up MP). I wonder why that is...
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
I mean. Finding an appropriate bit is really the hard part, and finding a good place in battle startup to clear it. Adding a quick branch to set the bit when Shock is used isn't hard at all, and checking the bit is just as easy as checking for the Runic flag, which I've already coded for Shock. So... Maybe not that hard after all.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(07-19-2018, 05:25 PM)GrayShadows Wrote: I mean. Finding an appropriate bit is really the hard part, and finding a good place in battle startup to clear it. Adding a quick branch to set the bit when Shock is used isn't hard at all, and checking the bit is just as easy as checking for the Runic flag, which I've already coded for Shock. So... Maybe not that hard after all.

I won't believe it till I see it. Wink

By the way thanks a million for that.

Anyway, as far as I know, the Desperation Attack bit only use $01, $02, $04, and $08 for party members 1-4, and is cleared at the start of every battle. Perhaps you could tie Shock to $10, $20, $40, or $80? B-Run goes into the DA bit on one of his livestreams. I don't remember offhand which bit it is.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Posted the actual code over in the other thread, since it's the one that's actually about Shock, but. Coded!

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find