Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Monster Palettes

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Easy question (I think) that I could not find the answer to by searching this forum. Are Monster/Esper palettes shared with any other graphics in-game (besides other Monsters/Espers)? If I go and change a random monster palette and all the monsters/espers look ok, am I still in danger of seeing some screwed up stuff in-game, like the overworld, weapons, characters, etc.?

I ask this question, because I have already used up all the blank palettes (the black ones) from 657 to 767 in FF3se. I think some of the other palettes are now unused since I deleted/replaced quite a few default monsters.

[Image: 5u35mZi.jpg]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
To my knowledge each monster and esper have their own palette, except maybe Crusader that has 2 or 3 assigned to its sprites. Having monsters sharing a palette would be an exception and I never heard someone reporting this, there are 384 sixteen colors palettes and 416 monsters, it was designed for each monster to have a dedicated palette not shared with other GFX, the reason you have 100 eight colors palettes free is because some monsters are blank, some use the guard palette for special purposes, some use only 8 colors, etc.
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
I think there are (very few) monsters that share palettes but I think they also share sprites too. Magitek armor, soldier, maybe one of the animals.
I think it's close to 3 or less.
Quote:some use the guard palette for special purposes,
I maybe just thinking of this.

Status
None
Interesting, so I can probably go back and use the palettes of all the monsters I replaced. I will just go through the list when I'm done and make sure the Monsters/Espers all look the same. I just wanted to be sure other parts of the game don't use the same palettes.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
wow I like those sand worm sprites

where did you come across them?

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
(05-15-2018, 06:26 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: wow I like those sand worm sprites

where did you come across them?

I imported them from FF1 Origins (the PS version). It took a lot of pixel manipulation and photoshop editing to look that way. I also imported many other monsters from FF1, FF2, and FF4 (SNES). I also re-imported monsters that were in the Sprite pack that I felt were low-quality (like the gnoma/earth). Smile

After I release this project, I might give these sprites to the sprite pack. I have maybe several dozen other sprites that replace some of my least favorite sprites of FF3 SNES.
  Find