Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Officially going to get started on my improvement hack

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
hmmm

so wait it freezes in the middle of the jump?

or when facing right about 2 jump?

there is another patch out there that corrects that

hmmm weird

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
hmmm

so wait it freezes in the middle of the jump?

or when facing right about 2 jump?

there is another patch out there that corrects that

hmmm weird

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
When Shadow steps in front of any window, as long as he faces right it freezes. I think that was the same problem with the patch at the slickproductions forum.

Over there it looks like Tzepish was able to make the correction and provided a patch only to darkmage. For some reason I can't open an account on that forum...
oops, I just found the patch you were talking about:

http://zephyr129.brinkster.net/

Status
None
yea thats the 1

idk why but I guess the 1 uploaded in slickproductions is the older 1

I cant seem 2 find the 1 Dark Mage gave me personally =/

-HNIC

Status
None
Ok I'm having more problems with darkmage's patch...

If I apply the patch I'm working on (that renames weapons, items, spells, attacks and who knows what else) to darkmage's improvement patch, The game randomly freezes during a battle and resets (kind of like the same problem you have with the "Not Scary Enough" patch).

I apply his patch to a clean ROM, and then apply my patch (in that order).

If I apply my patch and then his, after a battle somehow the GP overflows to 99999999 (even at the start of the game, this happens randomly). And some of my fixes are lost (over-written by the improvement patch). I had this bug before, but I'm 98% sure I fixed it (I tested the game for two hours and the GP didn't overflow).

Say Poco, did you try applying the "Not scary enough patch" first to a clean rom and then applied darkmage's patch? Maybe this way it may work

Status
None
1. the Zozo patch can be applied on the mega patch (the 1 on the slick productions site is an older version Dark Mage 4got 2 include it)

2. if u want your changes as well as the improvement patch apply your stuff manually, do not patch both of them, back up the older 1 and do what u gotta do on the fresh rom

3. I tried that as well, I 4got which patch included in the mega patch conflicts with it

-HNIC

Status
None
Ok the problem with this patch is that the Hex data gets moved around, and the banks will serve only as a guide to find the data you're looking for. This is most likely the reason why the Not Scary Enough patch makes the game reset itself in battle.

Poco, if you could somehow get imzogelmo to provide detailed info about the changes made to the hex code in bank, I will take a look to see if I can get it working.

Status
None
I'll try to get in contact with him

but I believe the hex changes were included in the post in slick productions, though I am not 100% sure u can view it in the meantime

http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....pic=1115.0

go through the pages, I know for a fact some hex editing is listed, idk however if it is what u r looking 4

-HNIC

Status
None
I just checked all the thread, and still there's no trace of the code edited for the "Not scary enough patch". It doesn't seems like the improvement patch will include this tweak in their patch anytime soon.

What I meant is that if we could somehow see exactly all the code that is changed with the "Not scary enough" patch, I could take a look at it for you and maybe we could get the patch working and making it compatible with the improvement.

I thought you could email imzogelmo and hopefully he would be willing to provide a list of all the code he edited for the patch, or help us find a way to access the data he edited. I never get any replies when I email hackers Sad .

Status
None
I asked the same question a while back

I didn't get a response from any1 =/

-HNIC