problem in Nikeah Gerad event & Asking About Expanded Town Dialog hack

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
hello, really i have big problem i translation FF6 To Arabic based on 
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-2183.html

here everything is ok nothing a problem But when i use FF3usME try Expanded Town Dialog hack
i found bug in Nikeah Specifically in an event Gerad??

here when i talk to him game freez and kick me out Town
[Image: f6SZGPM.png]
so i really need Expanded Town Dialog hack coz give me alot space my question here how to fix this without losing Expanded Town Dialog hack ???
or is there Manual Expanded Town Dialog hack or any tips to Avoid this bug ???

my patch find here
https://sites.google.com/view/athbistudio/download
here my Save
https://ufile.io/u83z8

Note: when i don't using Expanded Town Dialog hack everything working good??!!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
This is your error:
[Image: mktPB8T.png]

The red code is correct code (vanilla code) at CA/9235. You had those 4 bytes as B2 83 FF 02 which would be a call to CC/FF83 instead of showing dialogue + a pause (4B 28 09 93). If you call a subroutine at end of bank $CC (like the CC/FF83 error code) you will crash the game because I'm not even sure events are there. I think events stop before.

I'm not sure if you modified this but I tested and now dialogue is shown but I'm not sure if it is correct dialogue given it is a translation.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • q8fft (02-15-2018)

Status
None
(02-15-2018, 05:30 PM)madsiur Wrote: This is your error:
[Image: mktPB8T.png]

The red code is correct code (vanilla code) at CA/9235. You had those 4 bytes as B2 83 FF 02 which would be a call to CC/FF83 instead of showing dialogue + a pause (4B 28 09 93). If you call a subroutine at end of bank $CC (like the CC/FF83 error code) you will crash the game because I'm not even sure events are there. I think events stop before.

I'm not sure if you modified this but I tested and now dialogue is shown but I'm not sure if it is correct dialogue given it is a translation.
THANK YOU SO MUCH madsiur REALLY YOU ROCK!!  Victory
is work like charm, right now everything is ok i need more test.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to q8fft for this post:
  • madsiur (02-15-2018)

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
This was a bug caused by the older version of the Gerard and Sabin patch if you edited the text in FF3USME afterward. The current version of that patch corrects this behavior. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you base this translation with TWUE (judging from the Read-ME) ? The reason I ask is because it's something I had to deal with until recently. Leet Sketcher made an update to Gerard and Sabin. I removed the old patch with the old reverse, and then applied with the new one and I've had no issues so far. I've made multiple test to ensure this as well since I'm gearing up for TWUE 2.0.

Experience is the benchmark to maturity.

Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386

Final Fantasy IV - Namingway Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2337
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Rodimus Primal for this post:
  • q8fft (02-16-2018)

Status
None
(02-15-2018, 09:04 PM)Rodimus Primal Wrote: This was a bug caused by the older version of the Gerard and Sabin patch if you edited the text in FF3USME afterward. The current version of that patch corrects this behavior. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you base this translation with TWUE (judging from the Read-ME) ? The reason I ask is because it's something I had to deal with until recently.  Leet Sketcher made an update to Gerard and Sabin. I removed the old patch with the old reverse, and then applied with the new one and I've had no issues so far.  I've made multiple test to ensure this as well since I'm gearing up for TWUE 2.0.

No Sir Rodimus Primal. Your translation/Mod is working fine to me without Expanded Town Dialog hack using FF3USME, 
this happen to me only when I using Expanded Town Dialog hack with your patches...
I think that your Patch is not compatible with Expanded Town Dialog hack also i try your method the The game still freezes...
this my quick research....

edit: i try your last version 1.98 the bug is still there with using Expanded Town Dialog hack using FF3USME...
i'm not sure if this bug or what called...
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-16-2018, 03:05 AM)q8fft Wrote: i try your last version 1.98 the bug is still there with using Expanded Town Dialog hack using FF3USME...

I think what Rodimus Primal say is that the bug is still present in TWUE 1.98 and was not corrected until 2.0 which has not came out yet. Looking at what the expanded dialogue town expansion does, it is not related to it. The bug was in your translation because likely you used the Gerard bugfix from LeetSketcher or applied TWUE or used TWUE as a base.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • q8fft (02-16-2018)

Status
None
Aha my bad, Sorry for the misunderstanding...
  Find