Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
15th Character Workaround

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
might be wrong but beware thamasa's leo code, because there might be a swap between Leo and Gau... plz anyone confirm this or the opposite

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Eh? Leo and Gau do not share the same ID or anything, so I'm not sure what you are thinking might happen. You mean how originally they planned on having Gau go to Thamasa, and that would/might somehow effect Leo as a party member?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
you should check the event dump: among the lines of code in which they assign Leo to the party and his properties, if i'm not wrong they make some change to character 0B(was it gau, right?)

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah looking here there's nothing related to Gau/char $0B going on anywhere close to that event at all that I can see.
Are you seeing something in the event dump that shows different, or could it be a distant false memory lol?
Like I said the only thing I can think of at all about Gau and Thamasa is there's unused event code starting at CB/CB74 with Terra and Locke where Gau is in the party, splits and runs away at the port presumably, and is removed from the party and an unused line of dialog is shown about how Gau hates ships, for when they are about to depart to Thamasa.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
you should check the 15th man thread, I already did all that work.
  Find

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
I'll look into that tonight.

I intend to do a full playthrough of Version 2.0 of my hack featuring the revival, but suffice to say, I'm going to be keeping an eye out for oddities in regards to events. As a test I went to the Fanatics Tower to get Strago with Leo in the party; after the scene plays, Leo's sprite is not removed from where the party spreads out, but every time I open the menu his sprite relocates directly on the party. I figure that'll happen every time the party "spread out" stuff happens. I also don't know how Cyan's Soul will handle him with its initiating party split. I'm not sure if this stuff is asm or event fixing, but if the latter I'll find out in my own time and cross those bridges when I come to them.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Sorry Drakey I was kind in a rush. I was more referring to the Leo event in Thamasa, but some of your problem might have been fixed by Hatzen08 in the same thread...
  Find