Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI - Winds of Havoc

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Good day, ladies and gents! I too am making a hack. Well, it's mostly just one massive edit at the moment; but it's my learning board.

At the moment, I have only one thing to show; my new Drain Spell.

Not only was this recording made to show my current favorite custom animation, but it was also my test-use of some stuff I got from Poco Loco (You kick ass, bro! I owe ya one Laugh)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_U0nRl5JU

I think next I'll do a character montage for Toa, my gal in red; who's covering over Terra's role.

But I was wondering... what do you all think of this snazzy Drain animation?

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
so far its still early but looks decent

the only thing I have 2 say is that the chars look like a re-colored version of the originals and whats with the pink/red skin?

not trying 2 sound negative bro just a bit of constructive criticism

if u want I can help u edit the chars, on some nice status Wink lol

but since I am working on my stuff I cannot promise u results right away

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Lucky-Girl
She's supposed to be red =p

I have no issues with the colors of the characters. I've got them all exactly the way I want. None of them are exactly human, just so you know.

I'm not good with sprites anymore (Years ago, I used to be!), so if you want to take a shot at your own design, by all means, I wont stop you!

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
ah ok then if that's what you are going for :p

but if you need any help fell free to ask me Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
1. I'm going to need a little bit of backstory on the whole "magic" thing in your game. Like is it suppose to be extremely powerful and if so are you increasing its power and MP consumption?

2. As to Drain...it's just my opinion without the necessary knowledge of your game, I think that your drain spell is a bit much...maybe a bit too showy or drastic...which ever word applies best. Unless there was a specific reason like in my hack where all magic is extremely powerful but has very high MP costs (my "osmose" spell still costs around 20 or so MP and the max MP is 500) and spells like Fire which have 3 stages are reduced to 2 stages but are more powerful and are a bit dramatic to show that magic is a very rare but powerful (if costly) force.

Other than that and the characters which have been mentioned already....everything seems to be fine...
  Find

Status
Lucky-Girl
Well, in this game, only 4 characters can learn magic. And the magic's they can learn all vary (Espers no longer teach spells. They are only good for Summons and stat boosts now.) The only spell that's really boosted is Drain, but then again, it's a spell only Toa can learn. So it's a "signature ability", if you will.

Magic in this game is actually very rare, since it can only be learned from equipment relevant to it.

As for MP cost, that's going to be one of the last things I equal out. But for Drain, it might not get changed much. Since it's not, like, rediculously overpowered (It just attacks all enemies, and drains roughly the same amount from all of them.

In one of my test runs, I used it on a six-enemy formation. It broke the game. Lmao. Well, it didn't BREAK it. It just made minor graphical errors for the rest of that battle.

When I actually feel like getting down-and-dirty with it, alot more spells will become more 'flashy and showy'. Because... shouldn't magic be that way? Tongue

Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Ah I see. It sounds somewhat like my own system. The exception being that I only have 38 spells and only 18 are taught by Espers (Eons) and that each of the three mages get their own four specialty spells they learn from equipment and the other 8 spells must be learned from equipment or relics. The final mage of mine is a pure (kind of) summoner where he can summon the attack of the Eon which is less powerful and has a lower MP cost than the Eon itself.

Now that I know that I take back what I said and will now say it looks pretty good given the circumstances of magic.
  Find

Status
Lucky-Girl
I appreciate the input, though! Tis why it's here!

Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
WOW! but..... why the explosion? sorry if i wrote it in german.

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Status
Lucky-Girl
(10-11-2010, 08:35 AM)Yuke311 Wrote: WOW! but..... why the explosion? sorry if i wrote it in german.

The drained HP was supposed to be exploding onto your character, healing them. But I've altered the graphics since this.

It's exactly the same as this, minus the explosions. It's pretty awesome now.

Find