Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Smart Cover (True Knight improvement)

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
This is a hack to make True Knight users a little smarter. I made this for Brave New World, and now @"Gi Nattak" requested to use it in RotDS, so I'm making it publicly available here.

With this hack, characters or monsters using True Knight will only cover incoming attacks from the opposing team, never from within their own ranks. This should help people who like using the Heal Rod, or who like smacking their teammates around to rouse them from Sleep or Muddle.

Furthermore, there are a bunch of statuses that, if set on the target, prevent True Knight from kicking in; Clear is one such status. I've added a few more: Image, Death, Zombie, and Petrify. The last three all remove Near Fatal status, so would prevent True Knight anyway. If you remove or replace the Near Fatal requirement via hacks, then they are necessary to prevent your bodyguard from Covering Zombied/Petrified team members.

There are also a bunch of statuses that, if set on the bodyguard, also disable True Knight: Clear, Death, Zombie, Petrify, Sleep, and Muddle. I've added Berserk, Image and Dark here, plus Magitek.

It's pretty simple to edit the status restrictions. I've added a bit reference in the code comments to help you out.

Below are two variants of the code: the original, which applies the new True Knight functionality to both Characters and Monsters, and the one used in BNW, where space restrictions necessitated stripping out Smart Cover for Monsters. 

If you don't have monsters using True Knight in your hack, you can use the BNW patch. They're functionally the same.

Original Smart Cover:

BNW Smart Cover:
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (12-04-2016), GrayShadows (12-12-2016), SSJ Rick (12-09-2016), Warrax (09-19-2017)