Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Restrict Espers by Character

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
No need for apologies, the majority of us including myself are terrible with this particular sort of thing, but I do know some of the basics enough to hopefully lend assistance.

Madsiur said it there in the 5th & 7th post what needs to be done, you need to copy all that code there into a text document, then save it as an .asm file extension -- this will effectively make it an ASM file.

Now, the problem is that the code conflicts with the TWUE... so what you need to do is change that mentioned org offset here:
org $C3F091 ; Start of free space in bank C3.
to wherever there's enough free space to place the code at, in the TWUE edition ROM.

Then you would apply the patch/ASM file with xkas, or SNEStuff, to the TWUE ROM.

In post 6 you pretty much said this exact process actually. Smile

EDIT: Looking at the latest TWUE ROM, there's enough free space starting at C3/F1D7, If it were me I'd change the org in the code to
C3F200, just to make it even and clean, since there's no real reason to save every byte of free space.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(11-02-2019, 09:03 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: No need for apologies, the majority of us including myself are terrible with this particular sort of thing, but I do know some of the basics enough to hopefully lend assistance.

Madsiur said it there in the 5th & 7th post what needs to be done, you need to copy all that code there into a text document, then save it as an .asm file extension -- this will effectively make it an ASM file.

Now, the problem is that the code conflicts with the TWUE... so what you need to do is change that mentioned org offset here:
org $C3F091         ; Start of free space in bank C3.
to wherever there's enough free space to place the code at, in the TWUE edition ROM.

Then you would apply the patch/ASM file with xkas, or SNEStuff, to the TWUE ROM.

In post 6 you pretty much said this exact process actually. Smile

EDIT: Looking at the latest TWUE ROM, there's enough free space starting at C3/F1D7, If it were me I'd change the org in the code to
C3F200, just to make it even and clean, since there's no real reason to save every byte of free space.

Thanks guys.

I did it. I simply changed the org in the Restricted Espers asm from $C3F091 to C3F200. Victory
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hey guys,

I re-did this hack several years ago for BNW, but I guess I forgot to tell anyone else or even update the RHDN page on it. It does indeed use bitmasks instead of the jump tables I used when I had no idea what I was doing (though honestly, that much hasn't really changed). This version drastically reduces the space needed and fixes a few bugs. I updated the RDHN entry this morning:

https://www.romhacking.net/documents/656/

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Interesting, it is considered an update over the version that Subtraction modified as well? How does both compare?

Find

Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
At a glance, we just took slightly different approaches to reach the same result. Either one should work fine.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find