Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
First attempt at custom monster sprite

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Slow
Well, after a first attempt at a custom, followed by a few more originals who I currently do not plan to show, I decided to make a attempt at a custom monster. I'm not familiar with any technique with making one other than raw pixelation. I used pixelformer for this case, since it has a better interface for editing a sprite as opposed to FF3se's cutting off a portion of the sprite if its large enough. In this case, its more medium size. 

This sprite is what I intend to be a edit of guardian for a idea of mine. It's called Neo Ray. I'm intending to have it replace the invincible guardian and also be defeatable due to a event plan I have, I plan a palette swap with a different name will replace the kefka's tower guardian. Still trying to figure out how to edit battle scripts as well. Well, here is the image

[Image: eIlSxQI.png?1]
Sorry about its size, but its dimensions are the same as guardian, 96 x 64. Also, due to me trying this out for the first time and not knowing much about editing and having to manually pixel it, that can explain the poor quality to some portions of the design, very notably the blades attached to the fronts of its arms.
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Looks like a medieval war machine, I dig it. The name Neo Ray seems at odds with the design, it would fit a more high-tech enemy. Good work though, I'm curious as to the nature of your hack.
  Find

Status
Slow
I doubt medieval war machines have tank treads. Tongue
  Find

Status
Slow
Well, just recently. I edited sprite 150, the guardians field sprite and here is how it turned out

[Image: USu3oQD.png]

Apparently sprite 150 consists of guardian and the crane design, and this edit used the guardian palette which makes the crane hook a little odd looking.
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Looks great I think. Maybe the wheels/threads could use some detail but yeah.

Now I want to see a cutscene with it pwning some noobs. Wink
  Find

Status
Slow
I had a hard time with the treads, I'll likely change them to a better style when it comes to mind.
  Find