Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Phoenix image

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Where is the phoenix image overlayed on the screen when you revive Rachel stored?  I suspect that it's compressed, but I'm not sure where that data is, and haven't seen anything relevant on the rom map I have.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
That graphic is on tile layer 3 and is composed of many tiles, not just one graphic. I'd think it would be with the other map layer 3 graphics. So yeah, compressed and not directly editable. Looking at it, it's actually the clouds that are used on Mt. Koltz for instance, just placed in an elite way to create a phoenix image, so editing it would alter the clouds as well and probably make them look terrible...

Anyways it must be in here:
26CFC0 26F397 GFX Yes Location Layer 3 Animated Tiles

Not sure if you've used Peer Sprite Viewer before but that's the tool to use.

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 43
Status
None
Just so you know Rydel, don't worry about it, considering it's Sunset Shimmer I thought the Phoenix image works fine anyway. But if you do wanna change it that's up to you, just run any ideas you have for it by me first plz. Smile
  Find

Status
None
I'll try to take a look at the tile arrangement data and see if it's remotely comprehensible. If not, I'll leave it as is.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Nooooooooooo!! a layer 3 and also the mist in mt Koltz?!? 
Dude, it was a question i wanted to do long time ago and that was the worst scenario  Sad

Is there any layer 3 which is used only in "normal" ways? (and possibly used few times in the game)

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(06-21-2016, 08:44 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Is there any layer 3 which is used only in "normal" ways? (and possibly used few times in the game)

No not really, the only other non-animated ones I can think of is the light shining down one used in caves and such, but that one is pretty important and used quite frequently. And there's a similar lighting one used in the Magitek Factory and Kefka's Tower inside areas. These have far less tiles than the Clouds/Phoenix one though, not sure what you're up to though if that's important.

But no, layer 3 tile sets are very sparse and used in important ways. It's probably doable to make a duplicate copy of that cloud tile set data and find an unused pointer or create one to point to it, so it wouldn't effect the original one, then you could probably do whatever you had in mind, maybe.

Threads: 56
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Are you telling me there are unused pointers for layer 3?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I'm not sure if there are, but in classic FF6 fashion there might be duplicate/unused pointers for tile layer data which could be utilized, but I'm not sure I haven't checked.

Status
None
I was hoping to work more off the fact that it has its own tile arrangement and figured I could try to make the new design out of the existing cloud tiles. Since it already exists as a layer on the map, that looks fairly straightforward. Unfortunately, I have terrible luck with map editing. Still might give it a try, though.
  Find

Status
None
I've been editing it and things have been going rather smoothly, but I've noticed that the original image has some tiles which are flipped. I'm referring to tiles of the map, not flipping the 8x8 tiles when making the 16x16 tiles. How do I flip tiles like that? I'm not seeing an option in FF6LE+, and if it exists in ZoneDoctor, I can't get it to show Layer 3 in Rachel's house.
  Find