Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Beta: Physical-Magical Equalizer patch

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Hey everyone, I figured y'all might want to try this out. I wrote a hack to make Vigor have the same importance as Magic when it comes to
dealing damage. You may have seen the thread I originally posted it in; Kugawattan requested something like this and he's now using my patch in Crossover Crisis. I'm posting a beta here in case you want to try it out in vanilla FFVI.

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq7web6g4kf3oq...a.zip?dl=0

I've added some balancing adjustments that should make it play similarly to vanilla (except for your characters now being able to deal a whole lot more damage with physical attacks). See the readme for more info.

Also, I've deliberately held off on adding any other patches than Assassin's Genji Glove damage fix to this. If you want to patch the evade bug, or any other things not regarding the damage formulas, that should be fine. What is NOT compatible is the Ultimate Damage fix since they modify the same code. I might make a compatible version someday if this garners enough interest.
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Ah, I'm going to try this in my vanilla rom. How important would you say weapon battle power is in the new formulas?
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Pretty important. As in, you'll notice a difference with just a few points.

It has about equal impact as level and vigor, actually. A little higher, especially in earlier levels.

Have a look at Terii Senshi's algorithms doc, specifically the magical damage for characters formula.
  Find