Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New music, new sub-forum

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
[Image: dSrxilt.png]

I have a few news to communicate. First we got a new Sub-Forum, the Returner's Hideout. It's going to be mainly a Community Hub for events, streams and challenges. B-Run is going to take care of it as the moderator. For now thread posting is limited to staff though if B-Run wants to change that, I'm all right with it. Everyone can reply to threads though. We are also slowly bringing back the calendar. I already coded a small widget that display the event(s) in the next 7 days. I'm going to finish updating the real calendar before Tuesday.

You probably also noticed the forums reordering and renaming. It was mostly done to regroup similar sub-forums with little activity. Name changes were purely cosmetic.

Finally I added 130 new songs to the music player. About 40 were already there in other playlists so that leaves ~90 really new ones. They are regrouped by album. There's new music for all style but mainly the SQ series is to dance, swing and rock.

Enjoy! Frog
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • B-Run (05-21-2016), Gi Nattak (05-21-2016)

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I have a suggestion: now that you gave new cool names to all sub forums... what about putting next to each name an iconic image which represents the name itself?  like... for vector capital you might put the tiles in the world map of vector; for daryl's tomb the tiles of the tomb that triggers the battle against Dullhan.  stuff like that.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Yes that's a good idea. I'll look into that.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I did not know where to put this... It's like news / announcement but not worthy of a thread.

You can now have a total of 5 screenshots of your work for the random screenshots feature. So for those interested, you can send me 5 new ones or 3 extra if you already had 2. It can be 5 screenshots of the same project or a total of 5 for multiple projects / patches or even just new sprites (in-game) screenshots. If you're the kind of good guy that want to do it for hacks of people who don't care or visit rarely the forum, you are welcome to do so. Those screenshots will not count as your five.

Finally, as I already did but timidly, I'm extending this to non-FF6 SNES or GBA RPGs. If you send a GBA hack screenshot, don't worry about the exact size of 256x224, I can play with the borders and find a workaround. You can also send a non 256x224 SNES screenshot and I'll do the same. Let's just say that 256x224 PNGs simplify my life. Thanks.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Once again I'm bumping this thread to request short videos (30s or less) and screenshots. Basically whatever suits you; old / new FF6 hacks, FFIV, FFV or CT hacks also, WIP stuff, music hacking, sprite showcase, etc. It basically to have future content for the Facebook and Twitter feed.

I'm currently using the random screenshot and build up song hacks videos, I could probably do the same with custom sprites too. Gi Nattak should work on finding content fairly soon but if anyone wants to chip in, he is welcome.
  Find