Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let's Hack FF6 Stream - 4/13/2016

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Ok, heading into another week of streaming... tomorrow, thursday night (as always). I think I'm going to go ahead and set the Thursday time-slot in stone. I don't see any reason it should be changing from week to week... of course... now that I've said that something will inevitably come up keeping me from doing it... anyway.

So this week the plan is to finish up the Desperation Attack upgrade. I found some little things we overlooked in the stream and am planning on fixing them on-camera instead of behind the scenes. Last time we got a little frazzled (at least, I did). Also, I'm not jumping into an assembler this week, since we have already come so far on just notepad++ and HxD, going to finish out there. Then maybe change it up for the next topic. I do, however, want to get a flowchart ready for the program logic. Hoping to get time to do that tonight.

Last week was such a great turnout, I hope we can generate as much interest this week too!

Happy Hacking!

https://www.twitch.tv/b_run_
countdown!
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Remember to record! Also, would it be too much to ask if the stream could happen...uh, slightly sooner? Streams ending about 5-6 am can't be good for my health. No biggie if you can't, but...just throwing it here. ;P

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Obliviscence
I totally understand your frustration! Unfortunately, I can't start sooner because I need to make sure my kids are settled into bed before I can start. I really appreciate that you attempt to make it even though its so inconveniently timed for you. I won't be upset if you can't make it or can't stay the whole time. Do what you gotta do. But it WILL be recorded this time so you can always catch up!
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Here's a preview of the basic flowchart i did up with a free online tool at https://www.draw.io. Feel free to check out the site to familiarize yourself with it before the stream tonight!

[Image: flowchartpreview_zps3zngp6oy.jpg]
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (04-14-2016), madsiur (04-14-2016)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
That reminds me of my Visio days in college last semester. Pretty neat!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
That is a nice chart indeed, really helps me to understand the assembly process better than staring at opcodes trying to make sense of it all, as a beginner.