Poll: What should we do for the next stream!?
This poll is closed.
The Desperation hack is done, release it as-is for hackers to edit! 0% 0 0%
The Desperation hack is not done. Do ability edits and release it then. 0% 0 0%
Next week you should pick a new topic to work on hacking. 28.57% 2 28.57%
Next week you should stream another FF6 Hack and talk about it. 0% 0 0%
Next week you should work on FF6 - Children of Vector 57.14% 4 57.14%
other... 14.29% 1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let's Hack FF6 Stream - 4/28/2016

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Hey guys!

Last night went great... and LOOK! I'm making next weeks thread 6 days in advance! Here's last nights stream:

Now, we have a couple decisions to make. Firstly, we need to figure out what we want the final product of the Desperation enhancement patch to look like... remember, the original plan was to release the hack we made on-stream... so what are you more interested in? we can release it with the increased proc chances and manipulable attack table for choosing 2 DA's per character. This version has the benefit of not taking up additional space and making it easier for hackers to implement and do their own adjustments... OR we can continue working on ability modifiers in the battle code to fine-tune the abilities we set in our table to make them better DAs. Doing this would mean more code to learn on stream, as well as create a complete product that doesn't need any additional work on the hackers end, but alters a lot more code, making it better as a standalone upgrade, not something to tinker with excessively.

Ok, discuss that here...

Also, we need to work out what we want to do on-stream next week. If we decide we want to continue with ability modifiers in the battle code, then that makes it pretty easy to figure out what we would be doing... that. Otherwise we can do Q&A stuff (I know Kuga had a lot he wanted to do but his internet was afflicted last night), or stream some RotDS or BNW or any other hack you guys want to suggest and spend time talking about them, kinda the way we did with CoV, only it would be a lot more on the technical side, since I didn't make RotDS or BNW... Heck, it might be funny to stream meeple fantasy VI and lol at it. I dunno. There was also a bit of talk of me continuing to work on CoV while on-stream... this would mean basically being all over the place as far as hacking topics, but would have a goal in mind and is basically a limitless amount of stream potential as i could easily put in 1000 hours of hacking and not have it finished... but might have some mundane periods where nothing interesting is being worked on....

Of course, we could do none of that stuff and do whatever else you guys are interested in. I really want to hear from you guys! especially the regulars.

So lemme know! Happy Hacking!

P.S. This countdown is automatically recurring weekly, so you can always come back here to see the timer for the next stream... Also I've got it in my banners on twitch!
https://countingdownto.com/countdown/let...down-clock

https://www.twitch.tv/b_run_
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Personally I think another topic would be great. There's plenty of ASM stuff to modify, I can't come up with something in particular but it would be a good time to show the use of an assembler also.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I had a few ideas for ASM modifications:

-Damage Formula (@Kugawattan)
-new spell special effect
-Rage last one turn (you can select another one after).
-Twin cast (just the concept: if character A is casting spell A and character B select spell B; disable character A casting and character B cast spell C).

Edit: Concerning the DAs, I would stick with a table of two spells per characters. This can be easily modified after. You could also code new special effect that can be changed in the spell data and assign them to DAs after.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
how about giving desperation moves to Gau and Umaro? if we stay on desperation things that is

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Obliviscence
Good ideas, Mad and Poco.

If anyone else still needs to vote keep in mind there are essentially 2 questions... the first two choices on the poll are for whether or not to continue the desperation enhancement, the remaining options are for what else to do. So far working on CoV is pretty high, of course I might be able to work in some of those other topics... in fact, i have some experience with adding new spell special effects and damage calc modifiers in CoV... it wouldn't be hard to go over those in the process of doing some hacking stuff.

Keep the idea's coming! Tell me why you choose what you choose!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I modified my vote (yes I have that privilege) with continuing Desperation Attacks. Creating new spells special effects should be fun, including some that inflict status and modify damage.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
To be fair... you could modify ALL the votes if you wanted Sweat
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Since it turns out it wasn't that easy, having throwable items not ignore defense, plus maybe even give then a stronger damage multiplier to compensate.
I'd love to see the code behind Lorial's (that CoV girl? Can't pinpoint the name right now) custom command...that one that does different things depending on which char in your team you pick? I think it could a cool ability to give my Dissidia-themed Bartz instead of the lame and OP mimic.
Oh! I almost forgot! Maybe we could do some research on how to relocate things to have more space? I love how RotDS for example has long descriptions for its items and I'd like to do the same.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!