Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Hacking Wiki is set up!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
[Image: kiPIrPd.png]

The Wiki has been installled an is up and running!
https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php

Right now there's is not much to show and tweaking is still neccesary, but the basic installation is done. I have imported in a bulk active users (with more than 5 posts) so they can login to the wiki. However the forum password will not work. A automatic generated temp password has been sent to all these users. If you wish do not wish to keep your wiki account, you can notify me by pm or log in to the wiki and delete your account. Right now wiki registrations are close, if everything goes well, we should be able to open them in a relative short period of time. Right now, unregisted people can only view the wiki.

All the imported users from the forum have the publisher group permissions, meaning they can edit, create, delete, upload and approve content. We'll see if having a decent base to start will gets things running, I imported more than 80 users. Any content edited or created needs approval from 1 publisher, meaning you can create or edit a page and approve your own stuff. Future users might be placed in a more restrictive group for their first few edits.

If you did not receive a email or think I forgot you, send me a pm or email if you want a user created.

Among the content that would be interesting seeing are spritesheets, tutorials of all sort, ROM hacking FAQ, newbie FAQ, game data/code, hack list, patch list, hack review/walkthrough, tool list, links or anything you think is relevant. Right now I've only created two pages in a "ff3" and "ff6a" namespace. I suggest you read the dokuwiki documentation for all functionalities or if you got interrogations. There is no real layout on how we want the wiki as long as it is organized.

Let's hope that with time it grows into a useful resource!

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I opened registrations on the wiki.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
@Madsiur For the front page, instead of putting a short blurb about everything there, I was thinking that we could give that info mostly to other pages instead and leave the front page to give (hopefully self-explanatory) links to those pages. For example, instead of writing anything about ROTDS on the front page, we could just provide a link to ROTDS' page (where there should be an overview anyways). I feel like the front page will be more difficult to navigate otherwise.

EDIT: Woah, my post ended up below the Quick Reply bar! Go home FF6Hacking, you're drunk!

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Tissue-aware
Yeah I get what you mean. Your idea is probably better. Probably just a list with a level of indention like the right menu could suffice. I had the feeling also it would be too much on one page.

Edit: Quick Reply is fixed.
  Find