Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Little big exit issue

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I tried to design the map so that Gau's father's house is unavoidable in Sabin's scenario. You enter from behind and, once you exit, it drops you from the front, allowing you to continue.

The issue is that it doesn't drop you from the front. It drops you from the direction you entered (ie if you enter from the right, you exit from the right). This makes the game stuck, since there's no way to continue (you can't avoid the house, therefore you can't access the rest of the map).

Grapical explanation of what should happen (O is the house, the arrow the direction where you go):

-> O, O ->

What actually happens:

-> O, <- O

I've tried to have LE to put me south, but that didn't work. I assume there's an event somewhere overruling what LE says, but I can't find much. Help?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Don't quote me on this, but I think when the box saying "TO WORLD MAP" is selected (under the EXIT tab in the LE), the game automatically puts you back on the world map at the last location you exited the world map from. Try deselecting that box and simply selecting "[000] World of Balance" in the box below, while setting in the co-ordinates of the other side of the house.

If that doesn't work, you can set the map co-ordinates via event. Since IIRC you want to make getting Shadow mandatory, that seems like a good place to do it. I'd elaborate but I'm going to bed now.

Confused Moogles FTW
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:
  • Kugawattan (12-18-2015)

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Woo, thanks! Worked just fine! I wonder if, by disabling those, I can avoid having to get edit parent maps, giving me more freedom to work with.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!