Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Concept: reverse Cursed Shield?

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Uhm... that hex code would still bind each equipment to his personal battle variable that keeps his value after battle, but their low number is the great problem here, the problem is bigger than just some clever hex code...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Aww, don't tell me. It looked so easy in your post I was already thinking ahead! Aww, I guess I gotta go with plan B, giving each weapon the Ogre Nix effect. I hope this doesn't make the guy too fustrating to use.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Atma
Which are the odds to make critical?(and so break the weapon) i say that because from my tests the chances it breaks are very high... something like if you manage to do 4 attack and the weapon didn't yet shatter, then you're insanely lucky. (it can easily break at the first strike)

On a side note i wanted to apply Ogre nix to many weapons as well, then i had a doubt: would it be possible to apply that(maybe with some tweak) to armor and relics?

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Charmed
Speaking of the Ogre Nix, something that crossed my mind...would it be possible to "swap" the Ogre Nix property for "Uncursing the Cursed Shield"? A helpful user once made me a fix that would change the superball effect into one that would multiply the item's damage by 10x. Looking at the C2 bank (not that I'm an expert or even good at this) it seems the code for the Ogre Nix breaking is longer than that of the Cursed Shield... C2/5FEF to C2/6022 vs Ogre Nix's
C2/3ECA to C2/3F4F.

I'm not sure if this' even possible or that it even makes sense, just an idea that popped in my head. I'm obviously too unfamiliar with this kind of code to do anything, but you guys are experts on the matter ;)

I want to have multiple weapons (id 44, 45, 46, 48) that, once each respectively reach 10 battles, will turn into my equivalent of the Paladin Shield. Just saying, in case you want to provide me a specific fix. Thanks for your time!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Atma
Well at least now it's feasible, if you want that happen just for 4 weapons, you can find 3 unused battle vars that keep their value after battle.

Find

Status
Charmed
I'm not sure if I understand what you are telling me. My knowledge about this kind of stuff is near null, so please bear with me. I'm more of a graphics/event editing kinda guy- when it comes to battle mechanics, I hit a brick wall :V

Status
Atma
You might consider spending some time reading this thread:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2778

Here i'm trying to gather all the knowledge about battle variables, and eventually planning a way to make a clever use of them, since a huge potential of the game is wasted.
While my evil plans of erase Veldt from the planet to make space for 64 battle variables or so might not interest you, there are good chances that after reading all posts you have a better idea of what we are talking about, perhaps there's also some info about change Cursed Shield code...

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-18-2015, 04:45 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: unless you manage to make space for 128-256 new battle variables, that would be really hard to do

No need of any battle var at all in the sense of a SRAM byte that can be checked in a battle script, you could just check after the battle set a bit in SRAM that would increase the worn state of the weapon. When all bits are set (8 states), the weapon becomes unusable. You could even have only 4 bits per weapon and do a 25%-50% chance of worn at the end of the battle. Also, no need to do this with every weapon, 2 or 3 top weapons per character could suffice and you'd need between 14 to 42 bytes.

(12-20-2015, 09:02 AM)Kugawattan Wrote: I want to have multiple weapons (id 44, 45, 46, 48) that, once each respectively reach 10 battles, will turn into my equivalent of the Paladin Shield. Just saying, in case you want to provide me a specific fix. Thanks for your time!

More or less the same principle I described above. if one of your 4 weapon is equipped at the end of battle, you set the corresponding bit in the SRAM weapon byte (unless it already equals to 255, which would mean you have reached 8 battles, then you add a palading shield to inventory and remove the weapon) . To make it round, you could consider 8 or 16 battles per weapon. That would require 4 or 8 bytes in SRAM. Your idea is very feasible. But this also mean you could get multiple shield, but that's your thing to manage.
  Find

Status
Charmed
Since the "shield" I get is basically the starter weapon that's worth 2 Gil, I've no problem with multiple shields. I guess 8 battles is just right. However I'm lost at the SRAM bits (it's what to expect, being my first time), so I'm going to need a bit more help. I realize I'm looking like "hey do my work k thanks" but I'm totally lost. I will keep making sprite sheets for you guys so at least there's that, but...yeah

Also when I saw Madsiur comment on my thread I was like "oh hell yeah this is good news" and lo and behold they were :D
Thank you very much, both of you.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-20-2015, 03:13 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: I realize I'm looking like "hey do my work k thanks" but I'm totally lost. I will keep making sprite sheets for you guys so at least there's that, but...yeah

Well before attempting this there's a few things you got to plan. SRAM is the save memory of your game, ranging from RAM address $1600 to $1FFF. There's free bytes there like the japanese swtech name you can change in FF6j. You can check a RAM map for a free spot of 4 continuous bytes.

Second I'd suggest getting familiar with basic coding, a bit like you did with events. This is a good starting point and for details on each opcodes, you can check this page. No need to read completely the second document, though I'd recommend it eventually. I learned coding by trying to understand simple commented operations in the disassemblies, then I tried simple stuff on my own. When I was hitting a brick wall, I was using the debugger. To simplify your life, I suggest also you start right away with an assembler like xkas instead of sticking to hex editing for ASM. You will limit your hex typos and the fact of rewriting more bytes that you need everytime you do a little tweak.

You should check the end of battle code in C2 (which is pretty long) where you receive gold and magic point. There's no specific place wehre you need to put the code, but you can't put it anywhere at the same time. The disassemblies are a gold mine of ASM examples since there are commented.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask though I don't have time to do your request completely. I'll learn a lot more if you at least attempt it yourself.
  Find